PDA

View Full Version : Switching bodies?

Bad Company
10-18-2003, 11:13 AM
Anyone else notice that you can't simply just switch out the different bodies on the same chassis? Each chassis comes with a different size front tab for each make. You have to remove the front springs and switch out the tabs also.

duey
10-18-2003, 11:42 AM
yeah i found out this yesterday after trying to get my skyline to fit my rsx chassis

Bad Company
10-18-2003, 11:51 AM
If you are switching between either the Supra or Skyline and the RSX, you also have to change the wheelbase at the rear. The Supra and Skyline both use the 3rd screw (closest to rear), and the RSX uses second screw (middle).

duey
10-18-2003, 12:04 PM
hey BC,

i'm not sure about your supra but is it me or is the supra body a tad bit more difficult to put on the chassis compared to the skyline or the rsx?

Bad Company
10-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Yes, at first it was. I used an X-acto knife to open the bottom part of the slot a little, and it is pretty easy now. Just don't cut too much away. Another thing I noticed, is you have to insert the tab in the slot more at a straight angle, as where you can go in at more of an angle with the Skyline and RSX.

duey
10-18-2003, 12:19 PM
yeah i thought i was going to break the tabs on the supra when i first put it on. Now it's not as bad but i'll have to go get the x-acto knife out and do a little trimming. thanks for the tip!