PDA

View Full Version : At long last!

Bad Company
10-17-2003, 03:52 PM
After all of the pain and suffering of seeing everybody EXCEPT me get their Xmods, I finally got mine today. Now I can get on with my life. Heh

slugbugg
10-17-2003, 05:21 PM
UH..... I dont have one yet, but then again I can wait a few more weeks if I have to.

airline2
10-17-2003, 05:22 PM
i also didn't get mine until today as well

Bad Company
10-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Here is my RSX with the "Mild" body kit, light kit, wheel uprade, and tire upgrade. Either sometime tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm going to install the AWD kit, springs & suspension upgrade, stage 2 motor, and ball bearings.

slugbugg
10-17-2003, 06:45 PM
I now have a supra, two awd kits and a stage one motor kit no bearings, they didnt have them.I may still go get a suspension kit and I diffinently want two bearing kits.

airline2
10-17-2003, 06:46 PM
i bought a skyline, all wheel drive kit,foam tires, stage 1 motors, and the lights they are very cool.

Bad Company
10-17-2003, 06:52 PM
I also got the Skyline, that is what I'm putting all the performance upgrades on. I think my wife is getting me the white Supra for Christmas, so I will have to wait for that. She wants the blue Civic when it is released.

Also, I saw the perfect wheels to try out on these at my LHS, I'm gonna go buy there tomorrow.

viperkilla
10-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Darn! You guys are making me want an XMOD! ARGH! I cant take it anymore. Geez I promised I wouldnt spend anymore money on r/c's until christmas but I will have to break my promise. By the way my radioshack doesnt even have the xmods!

Azimov
10-17-2003, 08:05 PM
BC, would you post a PIC of the XMOD next to a regular Zip for size comparison please?

ridealot100
10-17-2003, 08:10 PM
you guys are all so lucky. i got mine(a whit supra) tonight but i have to wait to weeks for my report card to come out and if my d isnt up toa c i gotta wait till the NNEXT MIDTERM. i only have 2WEEKS to bring my *%&$^#$ grade up ori got wait so &*^% long. im so mad i could just... ahhhhhhhh!!!!! i also got the awd kit and i cant wait to drive it. my friend racemini89 just picked up a yellow skyline so youll be herein from him soon:p ill just drive his and my zips to hold me though. at least i got one and i wont have to be put on some gay waiting list a month from now

atomikplayboy
10-17-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Bad Company
After all of the pain and suffering of seeing everybody EXCEPT me get their Xmods, I finally got mine today. Now I can get on with my life. Heh

Whohoo!!! I finally got mine today as well... called the Shack next door to the Office and nothing, so I called the one at the mall and they had just gotten them in! So I left work a little early :) and tried not to get any speeding tickets on the way.

Picked up the RSX, Body Kit & Light Kit for me to play with today and the Skyline & Light Kit for the 8yr old for Christmas... they mentioned that I was the first sale they had so as far as I know I've got the 1st XMOD in town (Yay me!).

Interesting note is that the ONLY body kit they had was for the RSX and they had no Civics otherwise the 8yr old would of got that one... blue is his favorite color.

It's killer, the steering is great and it's WAY fast! I've already managed to wear some paint off of the front of the car (BUMMER) beause the 4'x8' plywood base that is killer for the ZZs is a bit to small to be running the RSX :(

So I'm thinking foam tire upgrade so I can play on the carpet :)

Later,
AP

MicroSpeed
10-17-2003, 08:18 PM
Just a question, what is the little steering wheel that comes in the RSX body kit used for?

aperson
10-17-2003, 08:29 PM
im too freaking poor to afford any of the good s**t im stuck with the ZZs & SEs. need only 35 bucks

Geckoboy
10-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by MicroSpeed
Just a question, what is the little steering wheel that comes in the RSX body kit used for?
it is used for the controller

MicroSpeed
10-17-2003, 08:38 PM
I just realized if I buy the Xmod + the body kit I'll be down to $24-AHHHHH...

duey
10-17-2003, 09:34 PM
i basically cleaned out my local radio shack (almost). Bought the RSX, Supra, and Skyline, rsx body kit, 3 awd kits, 3 rim+tire sets, 3 light sets, 2 rim sets, 3 bearing kits, 1 stage1 motor set, 1 stage2 motor set, 3 suspension upgrades and maybe a few other things....

man i'm broke now....it all came to almost 400 bux:eek:

well worth every penny....., now i just gotta wait for the civic and the skyline and supra bodykit sets and that should be it.....for now....

Bad Company
10-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Sounds like me. I talked my wife into letting me go ahead and go back tomorrow to get the Supra and more upgrades for the extra cars. Hopefully they will release some new stuff for her to buy for Christmas. ;)

Bad Company
10-17-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Azimov
BC, would you post a PIC of the XMOD next to a regular Zip for size comparison please?
Sure thing. Here is a comparison between the 1/28 Xmod, 1/43 Super Slick, and 1/64 Zip Zap.

Azimov
10-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Thank you! Nice pic too. They look roughly twice the size of a Zip. Man, thats gonna mean a huge track. Eight' by sixteen' would do it pretty well. Nah, I can't. My wife would absolutely kill me. From what I've seen tho they do look like cool little machines.

Murcielago659
10-18-2003, 12:31 AM
I got mine today as well, but when I opened the box it didn't have any of the body pieces except for the main body. I went back to the store and they gave me the pieces from another one except for the hood, because I forgot about it. I got back home and I was just plain pissed off because I can't go get it until tomorrow after work.

But now, the good news. I got the bearing kit and the stage 2 motor set. I put the blue motor and gear set in and I took it out on the street in front of my house and just let it rip. I think the top speed on mine is about 15mph. Anyone notice how far the range is on these? I got mine to halfway down the next block and it was still going! Next payday I'm gonna get the AWD kit, the tires, and maybe the light set.

EDIT: Ohyeah, I got the Skyline too.

Bad Company
10-18-2003, 06:44 AM
Yes, they are fun little cars. I'm in the process of installing the AWD, stage 2 motor, springs & tierod, tire, and wheel upgrades on my skyline. I'm going to take it to the tennis courts today if it doesn't rain. I'll report back with some info concerning range, performance, etc.

sessiz10
10-18-2003, 09:55 AM
Yes, they are fun little cars. I'm in the process of installing the AWD, stage 2 motor, springs & tierod, tire, and wheel upgrades on my skyline. I'm going to take it to the tennis courts today if it doesn't rain. I'll report back with some info concerning range, performance, etc.

Use the stiff (blue) springs front and back if you're gonna try it outdoors. ;)
Otherwise you're gonna scrape up the undercarriage.:p

Silent_NightR34
10-18-2003, 10:19 AM
these sound so nice...i might get one today if they have them at my RS...anybody have a good list of things i should get besides the car?

sessiz10
10-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Springs and the charger/bats set should be first on yer list. I think that the bats set is a great deal unless you allready have the bats and a charger :p
Ofcourse you'll need some motors, go for the stage 2, but the car is zippy stock so if money's a problem you can skp it for now.
I got the awd kit and it's nice but not really mandatory.;)

Bad Company
10-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by sessiz10
Use the stiff (blue) springs front and back if you're gonna try it outdoors. ;)
Otherwise you're gonna scrape up the undercarriage.:p
That's the set up I have with my AWD Skyline.

MicroSpeed
10-18-2003, 03:07 PM
I got mine today!!! I bought the RSX and the Body Kit. These are great little cars, the only thing I have to say about them is they are kinda easy to break, or maybe I should get my stairs carpeted :( (you knew that was coming :D ). Luckily I just took out the batteries out and put them in again and it worked :D. Another thing, the body kit looks SICK! (in a good way, of course)

Originally posted by Murcielago659
I got mine today as well, but when I opened the box it didn't have any of the body pieces except for the main body

Did you look under the body? thats where they were for me

slugbugg
10-18-2003, 04:23 PM
Today I went looking for bearings since the RS I bought my SUPRA at last night did not have them.
I came home with two bearing kits, one suspension kit, another awd kit, a rechargeable battery set and an RSX body kit.

I almost grabbed a stage 2 motor kit but it just doesnt seem like 4k of rpm's is worth the money.(tell me different)

and of course an RSX.

ridealot100
10-18-2003, 11:34 PM
i hate school so much! if it wasnt for that @$#$$# math teacher and her givin homework every day then grading us on a ****n average id be drivn my #&$*( x mod right now. words cant describe how mad i am rightnow. im almost depressed because evryone is getn them. and the gay part about it is thats it MIDTERM its not evn gonna be on a report card! i have to wait 2 weeks!!!! and im extremely axious because i bought it and i cant open it until then!!!!!!!!!!! my mom even went as far as to take it to my grandmas so i cant open it. im about ready to ride my bike to her house wich is like 6 miles from here just to open it.

my life sure can suck sometimes

dEmOnRaCeR
10-19-2003, 12:00 AM
Did anybody get the body kit 4 the skyline yet cause i havent seen it at my RS. If u have it post some pics or post a link. Thanks

Murcielago659
10-19-2003, 12:09 AM
Mine with bearings and the yellow stage 2 motor is a lot faster than my brother's bone stock. It might be the bearings, it might be the motor, but one thing's for sure, mine is faster, by a lot.

Azimov
10-19-2003, 10:07 AM
i hate school so much! if it wasnt for that @$#$$# math teacher and her givin homework every day then grading us on a ****n average id be drivn my #&$*( x mod right now. words cant describe how mad i am rightnow. im almost depressed because evryone is getn them. and the gay part about it is thats it MIDTERM its not evn gonna be on a report card! i have to wait 2 weeks!!!! and im extremely axious because i bought it and i cant open it until then!!!!!!!!!!! my mom even went as far as to take it to my grandmas so i cant open it. im about ready to ride my bike to her house wich is like 6 miles from here just to open it.
OK, let me see if I got this straight. Your teacher gives you daily homework to ensure that you grasp the mathematical concepts that are being presented to you. The school that you hate so much seems to be trying to offer you an education so you can walk through your later years with some semblance of intelligence. But, your main concern is that it inhibits time with your toys. Then, of course, you are angered that your Mother bought you a very expensive toy as a reward for doing well in said school, but you have to work for it and that just sucks. I suppose a perfect world would be one where everything is just handed to you and you aren't required to learn or work. Sorry, but it sounds like you've been GIVEN way to much already and have no real appreciation for it. Yeah, you should get on that bike and race over to Grama's and rip that sucker open. I mean, why respect your Mother's wishes? Why wonder why she felt the need to carry it 6 miles away so you couldn't disobey her. Just forget school, disregard the fact that your Mother bought the thing for you in the first place, and remember that the world revolves only for you.
Sorry, but sharper than a serpents tooth is an ungrateful child!

slugbugg
10-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Come on Azimov don't sugar coat it tell him like it is.LOL

viperkilla
10-19-2003, 10:43 AM
I sorta know how he feels but, I have to put school infront of my r/c's. It sucks but hey you gotta live with it.

slugbugg
10-19-2003, 11:17 AM
UHH......We all know how he feels I'm almost positive that everyone has gone through this, he just needs to learn how to cope with it thats all.
Instead of focusing on how everyone else got one(they dont) he should be glad his will be newer than most peoples when he gets it.He'll get through it and be better for it and when he gets it he'll know what mods work, and what doesn't.

duey
10-19-2003, 11:22 AM
i never ever thought that i'd ever understand let alone completely agree with Azimov. But he's right......

All you older guys know what i'm talking about......

Azimov
10-19-2003, 12:44 PM
i never ever thought that i'd ever understand let alone completely agree with Azimov.
LOL, I like that one. Sorry if I went off on a rant. I've got two grown kids and understand what Mr. Shakespeare was trying to say all to well. I'm sure ridealot100 will one day have his own children that he will lovingly shower with wealth even though they seem to expect and demand it over time. I think John Lennon called that instant karma. And, no offense to you ridealot100. Just the grumblings of an old man who still plays with toys.

viperkilla
10-19-2003, 01:49 PM
You ridealot100 you're not the only one who doesnt have an XMOD yet. So dont feel like you are alone. Im going to save up some more money and get the body kits for the RSX. Also I got a huge math test coming up so I gotta study for that. So the earliest I'll get mine is Friday, probably in a week or two. Just hope my radioshack doesnt sell out of them.:p

atomikplayboy
10-19-2003, 02:53 PM
You "only" have to wait for two weeks... how about this one. I picked up 2 XMODs at the Shack on Friday one for me (RSX) and one for my 8yr old son (Skyline)... I brought mine in the house to play with and left his in the car for Christmas :D.

Of course I have let him play with mine a little bit and he does not have a clue that he is getting one... and he let me know that he thought the "yellow one" was the worst out of them all while looking at the catalog... he of course wants the Civic `cause blue is his favorite color... so what's a Dad to do?

Kinda wandered there, but the point is no matter how bad you think things are they could always be worse!

AP

skklown
10-19-2003, 06:32 PM
badcompany...congrats on getting ur xmods. i am still saving up for mine...i am at $5!! lol....but anyway, could u please post some pics of ur RSX with the "wild" body kit and with the lights on ans stuff?

ridealot100
10-19-2003, 09:32 PM
hey azimov i understand what your sayin and your right. although my mom isnt buying it for me if i get my grade up. i paiid for it with money i made working. she just took it from me until i get them up. :rolleyes: i got really mad at first but it all turned into axiousness. now i just stody like 2 hourrs a night so i guess it worked.

Azimov
10-19-2003, 11:58 PM
my mom isnt buying it for me if i get my grade up. i paiid for it with money i made working.
My mistake and good for you. Good luck with your studies too! Math was never one of my strong subjects, so I know it can be difficult.

Bad Company
10-20-2003, 11:09 AM
You can now order Xmods stuff from the 800 line. I'm in trouble now.

I ordered the black Civic and the body kits for the Skyline and Supras this morning. They didn't have the blue civic, or any of the Civic body kits yet.

Sklownn, I'll get those pics up tonight when I get home.

Old Crow
10-20-2003, 11:29 AM
Yesterday I order all the things you mentioned and more, these things are just too cool !

Bad Company
10-20-2003, 11:33 AM
Yeah, it would have been more, but they didn't have the case, tools, decals, etc. I got all that had, everything else I already picked up at the local RS's.

SerialKillinSam
10-20-2003, 01:18 PM
i want the black honda civic but i cant find them anywhere. well least i have my upgraded rsx

Heat
10-20-2003, 02:54 PM
well if ur mom just took it from u then that's just wrong. like i understand what she's trying to do but maybe she should punish you if u dont do well in other ways. cuz if i paid a lot of money for something and my mom tiefed it from me i'd be pissed. it doesnt matter what my grades are cuz i earned that product myself without her influence.

but hey if it makes u feel better...i live in canada aka the land that sells nothing. we get no xmods and while u guys had zipzaps we had some crap clone they bought from a flee market and started selling. so even if i could get one it'd be a lot of trouble. thankfully for me civicsport93 will buy it and send it to me but with the canadian exchange rate i will be paying a small fortune to get it. since i dont have access to it...i hafta buy everything i want at once to minimize shipping costs etc. so this is gonna suck when i hafta give her the money. gotta pay shipping, money order fees etc.

viperkilla
10-20-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Azimov
My mistake and good for you. Good luck with your studies too! Math was never one of my strong subjects, so I know it can be difficult.

Amen to that! Argh geometry is so hard for me! Too many theorems to memorize and all that! Ahhh..oh well at least I have a 86% in that class.

XMODADDICT
10-20-2003, 03:54 PM
my mom didn't know i had a stash of extra money (as i beleive it's good just in case you see sumtin you want that you know won't just be baught for you) which i used for my xmod

badazzTL
10-20-2003, 04:02 PM
I went to every radio shack in VA today lookin for an XMOD but none HAVE ANY! i have been to 5 different stores and all said that they wont get them for 2 weeks:mad: now im thinkin about ordering from radio shack online, then i can get it in a reasonable amt. of time. I'm looking at everyones mods in the gallery and its making me cry, i want one that bad! well hopefully i get one soon, im shooting for the red supra or yellow skyline. where do you get the light kits from and how much are they?
when i get it, i'm gonna get a stage 2 motor and suspension. i want one sooooo bad right now:(

XMODADDICT
10-20-2003, 04:06 PM
i remember one of the other threads said only the top 1000 stores have them in stock, sorry buddy, you're out of luck if none have them by you...

cisco
10-20-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by badazzTL
I went to every radio shack in VA today lookin for an XMOD but none HAVE ANY! i have been to 5 different stores and all said that they wont get them for 2 weeks:mad: now im thinkin about ordering from radio shack online, then i can get it in a reasonable amt. of time. I'm looking at everyones mods in the gallery and its making me cry, i want one that bad! well hopefully i get one soon, im shooting for the red supra or yellow skyline. where do you get the light kits from and how much are they?
when i get it, i'm gonna get a stage 2 motor and suspension. i want one sooooo bad right now:(

None of them around me have them either. They said they might get them in next week. How many days does it take to receive your items from radioshack.com.

Bad Company
10-20-2003, 04:54 PM
There are about 3 stores in the Richmond area and 2 in the Newport News are that have them or had them. I just came from one and they still had at least 2 of every car and upgrade. I went ahead and picked up the red Supra and another Skyline to do a custom paint job on.

The light kit is $5.99. Standard shipping is about 5-7 business days.

airline2
10-20-2003, 04:56 PM
the light are very cool looking

badazzTL
10-20-2003, 09:00 PM
Ok, I decided to get to order from radioshack.com, but i dont see the light kit. can someone post a link to it? thanks!

badazzTL
10-20-2003, 09:06 PM
nevermind, i found it.

Bad Company
10-20-2003, 09:09 PM
You have to back up one screen from the car and choose the catagory...

Upgrades (http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F006%5F009%5F002%5F000&Page=1)
Light Kit (http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F006%5F009%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=60%2D8509)

EDIT: Oops, You posted while I was. I'll leave this here for future reference.

Heat
10-21-2003, 01:34 PM
do u absolutely need the tool kit to make the hole for the spoilers for the rsx? cuz the person i am buying mine from cant find it and yea...has anyone else found a way to make the holes?

viperkilla
10-21-2003, 01:38 PM
There are about 3 stores in the Richmond area and 2 in the Newport News are that have them or had them. I just came from one and they still had at least 2 of every car and upgrade. I went ahead and picked up the red Supra and another Skyline to do a custom paint job on.

The light kit is $5.99. Standard shipping is about 5-7 business days.

Have you started the custom paint jobs?:p

slugbugg
10-21-2003, 03:14 PM
Oh no was I supposed to use a special tool when drilling the holes for my RSX?

I just went out to the garage got a drill bit that fit the hole (2mm I believe) slapped it in my cordless and carefully drilled the holes.it's no big deal really.

Heat
10-21-2003, 03:23 PM
lol ok cool thanks. yea cuz in the instructions it says u need their tool kit to do it. i dont actually have mine yet so i didnt know if u absolutely need it. i was pretty sure u wouldnt absolutely need it but just making sure..