PDA

View Full Version : ground clearance

TypeZer0
10-05-2003, 05:22 PM
anyone else notice that the rear axle mounts a bit higher in the chassis? makes my whole chassis angle up with the front higher than the rear. also, though the front ground clearance is fine, the rear is missing about 1mm or a tiny bit more because i hardly get stuck on my carpet with my old zipzaps but my SE is getting stuck way too easily. i'm guessing they did this to make the gears mesh a little better so it's quieter but they could at least mount the motor and/or idler gear so that it retains the original ground clearance. my SE bodies when mounted are also a bit angled in that the front is a bit higher (liek half a mm) than the rear, making the front noticeably higher than the rear than it should be

aero528
10-06-2003, 05:44 PM
that could be from the new suspension in the se. but i am not quite sure. if you were to take the springs out then the body would probley sit lower in front. if you compress the springs than it is lower in the front.

TypeZer0
10-06-2003, 05:56 PM
yeah, i kno, but my gripe is the lack of rear ground clearance

aero528
10-06-2003, 06:00 PM
k. i dont now get bigger tires or rims. dont now how else you could correct it ill post more if i figure it out.