PDA

View Full Version : My tanks came!!!! Woooohooo!

Namuna
09-27-2002, 08:17 PM
MAN! These things are COOOOOL! And that's just lookin at em! I took a BUNCH of pics:

http://tinyrc.com/gallery/CombatDigiq

Now, I must PLAY!!!

Nightwing
09-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Wow! :eek:

Oh the left pic on the open lid of the box is how the tank look when it hit a magnet in the video. Also is the small disk in front of the unpacked tank a magnet?

Just wondering. :)

Namuna
09-28-2002, 01:05 PM
That flashing lights and spinning tank is the default animation for when the tank gets 'hit'. I'm starting to believe that the magnet trick is NOT a secret feature and rather a NEGATIVE effect on the tank!!!

Until Takara/Konami come out and TELL US SPECIFICALLY that it is indeed a little thing they thought of...I'm keeping my little DARLINGS the heck away from any and all possible harm!

As far as this little 'small disk' you see...That's the IR Cap. Notice the Tank in that picture, it has the clear top (IR receiver)? But in some of the other pictures the top is covered? That's the IR Cap that comes with it.

Nightwing
09-28-2002, 01:37 PM
Tnks for the information! :)

I would agree not to risk it. Looked over the translated manual and saw nothing about a land mine mode! :D

Hum. Wonder if they will release a pilbox that fires random shots? Well could hope. :)

tinyrc
09-29-2002, 08:53 PM
Hum. Wonder if they will release a pilbox that fires random shots? Well could hope.

That would be cool! If they don't - Nightwing, I know if anyone can make one it's you! Surely it's just a case of getting the IR beam right and hooking it to a randomized timer? Hehe, how about an IR smart bomb?!

Nightwing
09-29-2002, 11:25 PM
Hum. Was wondering if you can get hit by frendly fire? Ie can one of your own team hit an damage you tank?

A pill box would be intersting. Instead of firing in one direction like a tank a multi IR Led array would fire like a fan spray. Or a directional sound detector could zero in like radar on the noize made by the tank.

Hum a smart bomb.... Or how about something much much much bigger. Get a high output IR lamp and modulate with the "IR" bullet signal. As the German would say a eargespliter! :) Basicaly frys any expose tanks or watever not taking cover.

Or how about bridges, troupe implacement and blds, that if hit by the IR bullet signal, would collaps, surender or explode. This would tie in with the pillbox. Give something else to go after.

Guess I need to finaly build that complex IR pulse receiver/recorder I been planing on for the last few years. :)

tinyrc
09-30-2002, 12:10 AM
Go on Nightwing, you know you want to! What about using a PocketPC/Palm to record and play back the IR signal?

Nightwing
09-30-2002, 12:59 AM
Have though of that but want something a bit more equipment base. Kind of like a storage scope with a Graphic LCD screen and could dump its data to a computer for futher processing. Could use a palm but its receiver is limited the carrier freq it uses. May still go that way if this does not pan out.

But having other items around to interact with would be fun.

This is the reason I grab a iRacer { cheep and avaiable at the time } and with a simple IR LED could control it via a computer.

kosmos
09-30-2002, 09:27 PM
Hmmm... Well, both of mine are also rather noisy. But I don't have any problem with making then drive straight...
What is that "magnet trick" that somebody wrote about???

Namuna
09-30-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by tinyrc
Go on Nightwing, you know you want to! What about using a PocketPC/Palm to record and play back the IR signal?

Orrrr, how about a cheap 'learning remote'? Not so hard to live with taking apart one of those vs. a Palm/PocketPC

I have a Pronto (Learning remote, model TSU2000)...The interesting thing about it is the software...Or rather that you can HACK directly into the IR code.

Nightwing
09-30-2002, 11:22 PM
Hum. Some where in my junk box I have one of the orginal GE learning remotes. Could try that out on the iRacer. :) Should also work on a DigiQ

A while back I downloaded the guys software that did the Palm controller for a DigiQ. Mostly in C.

My problem I have two client that want there databases asap. Will dig it out later this week and give it a go. :)

Nightwing
10-01-2002, 02:17 AM
Well... Think of it as a recorder. A recorder of the stream of pulses that a IR device sends out and then on command will play it back.

Namuna
10-01-2002, 09:12 AM
What is that "magnet trick" that somebody wrote about???

A Japanese site shows a video of a DigiQ Tank running over a magnet, when doing so it triggers the getting hit motions (spins around and flashes the underside LED)...Basically as if it ran over a landmine.

The problem though...Is that INTENDED? Or a bad side effect of running over a magnet?

Since I paid good money and waited patiently for my tanks, I'm not taking any chances and they will be kept FAR AWAY from magnets...Unless Konami/Takara come straight out and say that it's a 'secret' little thing they added.

Nightwing
10-01-2002, 11:32 AM
I guess this fit with the rubber band powered torpedos for the sub. No conformation on it. Would be outstanding if so but no conformation. :(

That is a strange thing. Only some type of sensor would detect a magnet was there else would just get stuck on the bottom.

I would do the same and not risk it. Would they accept a english email or letter asking about a magnet mine? Or freak?

payaso
10-03-2002, 02:02 AM
Namuna, you make me so jealous.... Every time I get paid and think I'm getting my tank, another bill shows up and I gotta put it off for another week....:(
I think the only fair thing to do is for you to put yours back in the box and leave it alone until I get mine.....LOL

silla

BillyBonz
10-09-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Nightwing
Have though of that but want something a bit more equipment base.

Nightwing,

There is an article in Nuts & Volts magazine on building a TV RC decoder. This is one of my favorite mags, check it out at

http://www.nutsvolts.com/toc_Pages/sep02toc.htm

The article is in the Sept 2002 issue