PDA

View Full Version : Start a philly area race club?

mcojoc
10-02-2003, 12:38 PM
Hey all, I'm in the philadelphia surrounding area and wanted to know if anyone wanted to start up some informal, organized racing. I'd like to find a group of people in the area (I'm in Willow Grove) to race bits, or Epochs or zip zaps or Mini-z's or Micro RS4's. ANYTHING, so long as we all had a good time. I used to race slot cars and had a ball, but finding a place to organize Micro RC is a bit harder... I'd even buy new stuff if I knew there was going to be a group of us racing at regular intervals. Once a month would be cool. With the size of Epochs or Mini, zipzaps, etc, anyone can create a dedicated track for use in their basements. We could travel from month to month to each others house for racing.

I used to do this with slot cars and it was quite enjoyable. We'd kick in 5 bucks each, buy some hoagies and race all day. Then we email trash to each other until the next race. I'd LOVE to do the same kind of thing with R/C... Any takers in Philly or surrounding suburbs? Any platform? Just reply to this thread.

PWalk
10-09-2003, 08:43 AM
Hey,

Check out the rally course I built for the bits. We could hold our first event racing on it.

Lets set something up.

mcojoc
10-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Pwalk: Where in the city are you located?

PWalk
11-07-2003, 10:55 AM
I'm about a mile from the Franklin Mills Mall.
email me at

pwalk@comcast.net