PDA

View Full Version : Mazda Enfini FD35 RX7 SE

Bad Company
09-17-2003, 06:01 PM
This one suffers from the same sitting too high. It is also 27mhz and comes with the red motor, blue gears, and stock tires. I don't have time tonight to try it out for performance and see if it suffers the same problems the Savanna had, but I will tomorrow and report back.

For now, enjoy...

Bad Company
09-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Front...

Bad Company
09-17-2003, 06:02 PM
Rear...

airline2
09-17-2003, 06:18 PM
i think i will have to get one bad company will get all the se 's or not

Bad Company
09-17-2003, 06:20 PM
I can say from a quick test drive that this one turns 100% better than the Savanna did. I had equal turning radius which was sharp both ways. Just a little bit of stuttering, but I will fix that.

BabyKiller
09-17-2003, 06:38 PM
im very dissapointed in the first se it was horible i hope this improves on torque issues

dabigpig
09-17-2003, 06:49 PM
the body looks alot better too.....

TypeZer0
09-17-2003, 07:28 PM
wow, that body is way too high

airline2
09-17-2003, 07:32 PM
i realy like the body being high like that

sessiz10
09-17-2003, 07:42 PM
I'm not liking this body either.:(
I dunno if it's the pics, thanks by the way bc, but it looks devoid of any details. Almost like it was a rushed job or has way to thick a paintjob. I think I'll pass on this one and wait to see what the audi and other bodies look like.
Thanks again BC.:D

ridealot100
09-17-2003, 07:43 PM
personally id say it looks awful. all ya gotta do is put a body kit on it and throw some detail on the hood and paint it a different color and you got one badass zip

ugh
09-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Hmm......well it looks pretty good, but I'm wondering why RS makes the front end so high. I mean, the front end isn't even as lowered as the rest of the body. Usually in cars, the front and rear ends are lower than the middle section, but on this car, they're not. I dont see why RS doesn't just give them a body kit stock.

ridealot100
09-17-2003, 07:58 PM
i think i like them like that when i get them because than you can make them cool in your own way instead of having all the same cars as everyone else.

i wouldnt be into zips if it wasnt for all the mods you can do like fets and lowering and bodykits etc.

so i likde them like that... for now muhahahahahaha

CheeseWarfare
09-17-2003, 08:02 PM
Looks mucho better just meeds some dropping and it'll be great! :cool:

TypeZer0
09-17-2003, 08:15 PM
just wondering, since i've never had the older rx-7 body nor have i seen them upclose, how do they compare to each other in terms of detail and stuff?

ridealot100
09-17-2003, 08:18 PM
no competition the first one is way better than he second. it has way more detail and it is not a short and stubby looking.and he color was beter. all ya gotta do is put lights in the old one and you got the best possible zz se without resin mold

Bad Company
09-17-2003, 10:30 PM
Sorry guys, I was out tonight.

Yes, this one does lack a lot of detail, there are hardly any body lines at all. It also sits way to high. It will get thedrop treatment too. I haven't had time to play with it much, but from the little test time I did have, the steering is a LOT better than my Savanna's. I will test out the torque tomorrow hopefully if I get a chance. I'm here in Richmond, Va., and I have been called in to work overnight during the hurricane Isabel, so I may not have much time to test.

richh
09-17-2003, 11:17 PM
regarding the lack of detail or body lines, if you take a look at pics of actual 1:1 2nd gen (savannah) and 3rd gen (efini) rx-7s, the 3rd gens do look cleaner. for instance there are no side body moldings on the 3rd gens.

as they say, just my .02.

airline2
09-18-2003, 04:28 AM
i think the body is just fine.

MASSACRE
09-18-2003, 05:44 AM
i liek the white one better

Bad Company
09-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Now that I think about it, this is just the regular Zip RX7 with the pop up lights and a new spoiler.

kwikbb
09-18-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Bad Company
Now that I think about it, this is just the regular Zip RX7 with the pop up lights and a new spoiler.
that's exactly what i thought too... nothing very special about it, i'm sure your visual enhancements will do it justice though, that is if that's what you've got planned for it.

thanks for the pics Bad Co. :cool:

Bad Company
09-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by kwikbb
that's exactly what i thought too... nothing very special about it, i'm sure your visual enhancements will do it justice though, that is if that's what you've got planned for it.

thanks for the pics Bad Co. :cool:

Thanks for the compliments kwikbb! To tell you the truth, I would probably just mod a normal Zip RX7 instead of tearing apart one of the SE's, unless I wanted to do a mod that still had the lights. I'm leaning more towards modding some of the nicer new regular Zip bodies and converting them to SE's with the lights and all.

mcojoc
09-19-2003, 06:54 AM
... Is the steering truely better on this car than on the white one?

Personally, if it is, I'll pick up another one, but if not, The Savannah will be my only SE... I'm kinda partial to even steering..... If it's a defective car I'll replace it, but if it's a defective design, I'm out!

Let me know your thoughts and comparisons of the 2 cars BAD COMPANY..

Also, can you try controlling each car with the other's controller? Perhaps that way we can determine if it is a car problem OR a controller problem...

HMMMM...

Bad Company
09-19-2003, 06:38 PM
The Efini I received was 100% better than the Savanna's. I didn't have to adjust the steering at all. I still have a little stuttering, but I can live with that. I don't want to screw the even steering up.

CaKid58
09-19-2003, 06:54 PM
The Efini has hit the stores. My store here in SF Bay Area got both the Savannah and the Efini. Picked up one of each.

One tidbit, although this may be arcane info to most, the Efini I just bought has a date of 07A03. The Savannah I got from 1-800-THE-SHACK had a date of 08A03. Now I wonder if the problems everyone is having with Savannah steering is related to the date as opposed to the car itself. It would be interesting to find if problems cross date numbers. And no, I havent been able to try either car yet.

crazydave
09-19-2003, 11:54 PM
I wish I read this thread before I ran out and bought the Savannah tonight. :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least I got the SE thing out of the way so I can get on with my life while I wait for RS to work out the bugs, like with the original Zip Zaps

sessiz10
09-20-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by crazydave
I wish I read this thread before I ran out and bought the Savannah tonight. :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least I got the SE thing out of the way so I can get on with my life while I wait for RS to work out the bugs, like with the original Zip Zaps

:p

mcojoc
09-20-2003, 10:29 AM
... But just to be sure I understand you Bad Company, the steering radius in both directions on the RX 7 is equal (NOT like the Savannah where one way turns sharper than the other...

Just wanted you to restate that before I bought the other one as well...

Bad Company
09-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by mcojoc
... But just to be sure I understand you Bad Company, the steering radius in both directions on the RX 7 is equal (NOT like the Savannah where one way turns sharper than the other...

Just wanted you to restate that before I bought the other one as well...

That is correct, the turning radius IS equal in both directions. This may not be the case in EVERY Efini, but it was the case in the one I received.

BabyKiller
09-20-2003, 01:33 PM
LOWER IT!

Racer9
09-20-2003, 01:59 PM
Mine turns about an inch and a half sharper to the right and I worked out all steering jitters. BTW did you notice they are slow in reverse like a real car? I think it is annoying unless I am on my kithcen floor. One complaint: Not enough torque to run on my upstairs carpet.:(

Racer9
09-20-2003, 04:02 PM
I just got mine tuned for even turning but now there is slight jitters to left

mcojoc
09-20-2003, 06:23 PM
Bad Company. You are right. I went to my local RS and they had the RX7's in. I purchased one and got perfect steering both ways, with no stutter. I promply boxed up my Savannah chassis with the RX7 body and exchanged it for another RX7 body/chassis. I also purchased the tuner kit with the 2 other initial D bodies and motors. They only had 2 of those in...

As of now, the RX7 chassis is performing in my opinon EXACTLY the way it should....

I have a TON of new bit-char-g items that will be going up on the for sale bulletin board. Now that I no longer have a defective chassis, the SE's are too cool....

ridealot100
09-20-2003, 10:29 PM
yeah i got an efini today from my local shack and it has the same problems so im gonna go bitch at the shack and see f i can getta new one

BabyKiller
09-21-2003, 07:06 AM
NOT FAIR WHY WHENEVR I GET SOMTHING I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ITS DEFECTIVE AND ITS ALWAYS ME???? I MEAN EVERYTHING IVE WANTED REALLY BAD IN MY LIFE THAT I GOT WAS MAJORLY DEFECTIVE AND IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN MORE WHEN I SPEND MY THE MONEY ON SOMTHING

Racer9
09-21-2003, 09:38 AM
have you noticed that they seem to bottom out more often than the older ones?

ridealot100
09-21-2003, 11:49 AM
the same thing happens to me babykiller that why i bitched at 1800 the shac and there sendn me 3 free new non fautly ones

MicroSpeed
09-21-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by BabyKiller
NOT FAIR WHY WHENEVR I GET SOMTHING I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ITS DEFECTIVE AND ITS ALWAYS ME???? I MEAN EVERYTHING IVE WANTED REALLY BAD IN MY LIFE THAT I GOT WAS MAJORLY DEFECTIVE AND IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN MORE WHEN I SPEND MY THE MONEY ON SOMTHING

that happens to me exept instead of it being defective they dont ship the stuff to me at all. 3 times thats happened, the first two the manufacturer just sent me what I needed the 3rd time they gave me a free sheet of fiberglass (i was ordering model rocket parts). at least it always worked out in the end