PDA

View Full Version : Tamiya Kure Nismo

poordoc
08-16-2003, 12:55 AM
I just finished mounting my Tamiya Kure Nismo 1/24 to my tripmate. It is super smooth and quiet with Novak spy and XXL receiver. Next, I will upgrade the stock motor. What do you think?

poordoc
08-16-2003, 01:02 AM
Oops, here are the photos

poordoc
08-16-2003, 01:03 AM
2nd picture

donut
08-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Beautiful...

Noticed though that you have your electronics upright. I use the same electronics but managed to keep them low in the radio compartment. Might want to give it a try. Oh yeah, chrome those rims for that final touch :) Uh...unless they're really white on the real car :D

poordoc
08-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Thanks donut,

I am very new at this. This is my first mini RC. I believe my servo is slightly larger than the blue one you have. Can you tell me what i need to move my servo more towards the front end like your picture? How would I mount a chrome rims to this? I am open to any ideas. By the way, I have learned a lot from all your posts and pics. Thanks.

donut
08-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Hi poordoc,

You can move the servo forward by using Kawada's SP tie-rod set or equivalent. This way all connections are on the front side of the steering knuckles. I guess with the rims you can paint them silver or use Alclad (http://www.alclad2.com) lacquer chrome. This is the only paint I've seen that really looks like chrome. Kawada also makes silver plated versions of the stock rims. Keep up the cool work.

Comrade_Boris
11-03-2003, 07:39 PM
how much does one of these go for and were can you get them?

how are they performance wize vs. the mini-z and x-modz ? it this is in the $50-$75 range i might be interested.......if not ill go get an x-mod..........but iff its less then :D :D :D ill get one!!!!!

poordoc
11-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Hi Boris,

This will most likely cost more than xmod. The Kawada does not include the eletronics. You will have to invest in your own ESC and receiver. But, I like the adjustable length and width option. As you see, I fit my own 1/24 scale plastic model. It is ultra smooth to run. It has midship motor mount, and you can mount a 180 motor. In general, more flexible and more options. I hope that helps.

Cian
11-05-2003, 07:51 AM
I have installed a stock 180 motor from My micro , and mine flies

Cian
11-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by donut
You can move the servo forward by using Kawada's SP tie-rod set or equivalent

Where can I get these, I've seen them on the hobbyshoponline .net site, but I can 't see how to actually buy them , there doesn't seem to be a checkout link.....

donut
11-05-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Cian
Where can I get these, I've seen them on the hobbyshoponline .net site, but I can 't see how to actually buy them , there doesn't seem to be a checkout link.....

Just click on the "Add To Cart" button beside the item. On the next page, select destination, recalculate, then click on "GO TO PAYMENTS".

poordoc
02-07-2004, 11:13 PM
My girlfriend insisted to pose with my Kure Nismo. I had no objections.

baleisen
02-15-2004, 01:13 PM
I have an older Trip-mate. I need parts for it. Especially non-foam tires. Any ideas? baleisen@hotmail.com

poordoc
02-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Hi baleisen,

try this site, they have a lot of parts for Kawada.

http://www.mydestiny.net/~hobbyshop/home.html