PDA

View Full Version : Should We Get A TinyRC.com Chat Going?

BoostedLoser
09-24-2002, 10:04 PM
This is a break from the following thread (http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1277)
What do you think? Should we have a TinyRC.com chat? I could host it on my page if there isnt any room here! I have 30gig/month bandwith!

Got 10 days to vote...

tinyrc
09-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Great idea BoostedLoser - does anyone have a preference in clients etc.?

BoostedLoser
09-25-2002, 02:34 PM
Nothing really but...
(ok im gonna be picky lol)

If it has cool sounds we should have a way we can mute them from the chat room... so they dont interupt our tunes!

Would be cool if it had different options like Yahoo used to have so that you can type things like;
/me (ex. of /me command below)

BoostedLoser: Says Hi - without /me

BoostedLoser Says Hi - with /me

then you can chang your nickname with /nick

Things like that!

TinyRC - if there is even an option to change the skin i would make a TinyRC skin for ya!
Let me know if you want to host it/set it up or if you need me to... Should be able to handle it and i THINK i get a free Chat system because i bought my space from Yahoo! They have AWESOME prices and options!! And god no banners is great! lol!

d00kie
09-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Chat room...

I'd like to have my say on it. Chat rooms used to be fun back in the days well at least for me, but now they seem to suck. Almost every question asked on a chat room today is a/s/l??? (age, sex and location for you know nots).

Hopefully people won't come to the chat room and actually chat about R/Cs and stuff, not saying, "If you're hot press 453" and "15/m/bangkok any hot females wanna chat?".

Thats my two cents.

tinyrc
09-27-2002, 11:55 AM
Well, if we do it it will need to be moderated, and we won't allow A/S/L etc. to dominate the discussion. Also, we'd schedule meeting times so that we could ensure that enough people show up to have a good chat. I would really like to hear peoples' opinions on what apps they've used at other sites etc. and which are good or bad, we don't mind spending to get a good solution.

usagi
09-27-2002, 04:51 PM
Tiny what about this chat client..... http://www.quickchat.org/
I would monitor the chatroom.heck I run the thing for you tiny.............

tinyrc
09-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Well, we'd prefer something that wasn't IRC-based, so that it's easy for newbies - any other ideas? And that would be great if you want to help monitor, thanks!

Mattydiah
10-11-2002, 01:16 AM
I think it would be a great idea. I would be nice if we could have a web based front end for the newbs, but something that could stll be accessed from a regular IRC client for those of us who prefer it.

usagi
10-11-2002, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by tinyrc
Well, we'd prefer something that wasn't IRC-based, so that it's easy for newbies - any other ideas? And that would be great if you want to help monitor, thanks!

It looks like its time to put a chatroom up, maybe people are asking. I will run it for you tiny.........

d00kie
10-11-2002, 11:01 PM
So, what program/script will you be using to run the chatroom (sorry I know of none).