PDA

View Full Version : lrp quantum

3series takumi
08-04-2003, 09:39 PM
forgot to post a pic of the new lrp quantum micro installed. sweet little esc that is smaller than a standard size servo. it actually si smaller (alot smaller) than my novak xxl receiver. um...great power great brakes. doesnt put a huge load on the motor when you yank the trigger which equals cooler motor and better battery life. if you are wondering what esc to put in you X you have to get this. shames a novak spy, the spy says that it has breaks but the car can stop just as fast if you just coast hehe ;p oh yeah it has super easy setup unlike the stock esc and actually works with the miniz Tx. takes up to 25amps for the motor and up to 7 cells.

and best of all it is pretty!!

charliebrown
08-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Impressive.....imagine the mph that thing must have! I'm guessing about 15-20? maybe 30?

3series takumi
08-04-2003, 09:55 PM
i would have to say close to 30, i am runnin 5 cells with a pn-speedy modify motor and bearings in the can. it has takin more than a few rs4 micros some stock some with some hopups. i would like to get either new diffs or find a better pinion to get a hotter gear ratio...need speed! want to keep up with a 1/10th scale

charliebrown
08-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Nice! Very nice! Keep me(ehm, I mean this site) up to date on your project!

helldriver
08-05-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by 3series takumi
forgot to post a pic of the new lrp quantum micro installed. sweet little esc that

what's the cost?

3series takumi
08-05-2003, 02:20 PM
i was lucky and got mine for $50 new on ebay. they normaly are kinda expensive, expect to pay 10-25 more than a novak spy. with better brakes, power management, safetly features, life time warrenty, and no motor limit with up to 180 class motors it is worth the extra cash easy. i have heard of people burnin their spys (they have a motor limit) and novak wont do nothin. the lrp always comes with a card that tells you exactly how to send it in if you ever have a problem with it. that is a whole lot of trust in their product