PDA

View Full Version : have you seen these?

arch2b
07-23-2003, 08:21 PM
i came across these while oogling over the new transformers altenator smokescreen. world tank museum irc (http://www.takaratoys.co.jp/irc/)

they appear to have rather limited range of controllable movement but they are amazingly detailed.

Napalm_Guru
07-23-2003, 09:10 PM
I can see me using it now. Go in circles OR back and forward. "I have been waiting my whole life for that moment!":D The treads are cool, cooler if they worked.

I can really sense buyers remorse with that one! Don't do it arch 2button control can be tempting... but just wait less than 2 months I know you can last it!

Now please let me hear your end??

arch2b
07-23-2003, 09:36 PM
i agree with you....i was just posting for the sake of posting some interesting tank info. this section can go awhile between posts... it those had full control, maybe...battle play, definatley. the detail is amazing but the simplistic movement is a step above pushing it around at best

2 months, really? man that is going to be 2 long months

Napalm_Guru
07-23-2003, 10:08 PM
I'm with you. with full propo, moving treads, and controllable turrets I'd buy.

That detail is crazy, I'm wondering if they are mod worthy. Do know they're dimensions? I know they are 1/144 scale.

arch2b
07-23-2003, 10:20 PM
no, i can't find any hint of dimensions....

the website is misleading in the sense that it shows the tanks performing in ways that they are not capable of.....

Chris_B
08-14-2003, 08:00 AM
I've seen these here in Tokyo and boy do they suck! Not only is the control limited as described above, but they just look silly when they are moving. Hard to say why, but these things just look like they should be stationary like the rest of the WTM "models". I could kind of understand if they were priced down around ¥1,500 but ~¥4,700 for so little function? Looks like they are just trying to capitalize on the popularity of existing product to me.