PDA

View Full Version : I set my RX-7 on fire

Dracos
09-21-2002, 01:44 AM
Not really...I finally got hold of some inkjet wet slide decal paper and made a stripe of fire to put on my bits. The pic didn't come out too clear, so I pasted part of the stripe image into the photo to show the detail. It literally took me 45 minutes to mount these things.

The stripe was done on clear decal paper. I also made a black-to-transparent gradient to mount on the inside of the windshield for window tinting...but I realized that I should make the tinting the fill width and height of the glass so the edge of the decal isn't visible, so I took it off. Maybe I'll try again.

I just remembered I have images of all the monsters from the original Final Fantasy...who wants to see 8 bit Nintendo dragons on a bit? I bet a few of the people on here didn't know what video games were when FF1 came out in 1990.

Namuna
09-21-2002, 11:34 AM
Ooof, out of focus...Eyes...Bleeding!

I touched it up a little for ya Drac, nice flamejob. :)

tinyrc
09-21-2002, 02:02 PM
I just remembered I have images of all the monsters from the original Final Fantasy...who wants to see 8 bit Nintendo dragons on a bit? I bet a few of the people on here didn't know what video games were when FF1 came out in 1990.

LOL yeah, put 'em on! FF1 was by far the best of the series! Flames look good - esp. on the rear spoiler. :cool:

MTL
09-21-2002, 04:51 PM
hmmm ..i think the flames used on lowriders and such would look better...thats what i had expected from the topic...

also...filters dont make good flames by itself if u do it that way...
you have to use the smudge tool, blur tool, and/or liquify option...

blacksabbath070
09-21-2002, 08:44 PM
i kinda had the impression taht your bits electronics got messed up and actually caught on fire adn you took a picture of it on fire itd be like "CRASH AND BURN" or you made a video of your rx-7 on fire and in the back ground Yngwie Malmsteen's song "CRASH AND BURN" was playing it would have been sad tho if it had caught on fire but interesting like a train wreck you cant just watch but you cant look away

Dracos
09-21-2002, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the touch up, Namuna. today I realized that I had my camera on the wrong setting for close ups..oh well.

Actually, I pulled off really good fire using just difference clouds once. the effect I was going for here I realized wouldn't be very visible, so I ran Ocean Ripple on it (I think) to make it chunkier.

Surprised no one's picked up on the custom window tinting idea I had.... Run a slight Shear on it to capture the curve of the top of the glass.....

CaboWabo
09-23-2002, 04:08 PM
Speaking of fire...
My first 'bitStunt'. Granted it's rather weak, but at first I was terrified of ruining my bit - now it's Evil Knievel time!

Namuna
09-23-2002, 04:18 PM
CaboWabo? Was that what you was drinking when you drove your car through the little napkin fire of hell? :p :eek:

CaboWabo
09-23-2002, 04:23 PM
I had to be under the influence to pull this off, that way if I wrecked, I most likely wouldn't get hurt like other drunk drivers. :)

I like that name... "The little napkin fire of hell", that's funny! I might have to re-name the stunt now.
I can't wait to do more stunt work, MadMax would love my bit.

MTL
09-23-2002, 04:27 PM
haha kool
are u gonna make a ramp to make it jump throught a flaming ring :D

oh man that would be kool to see a video

payaso
09-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Hey cabo,

I knew you'd be pullin that crazy crap with that car I sent ya...lol Just wait till I come up there to 314 MO and whip some asses... You'll be trying to get away from me by crashing through fire...lol

silla

CaboWabo
09-23-2002, 04:49 PM
Hey there payaso,

I've got a surprise for you when you come up, you'll race me, and have to deal with 'shredder' at the same time! :)

Meet shredder:

d00kie
09-26-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by CaboWabo
Hey there payaso,

I've got a surprise for you when you come up, you'll race me, and have to deal with 'shredder' at the same time! :)

Meet shredder:

LOL, nice little err.. i mean nasty looking chassis right there. Maybe you might want to lengthen the spikes by 1/4 an inch; that will surely strike fear into your race buddies the send you place this sucker on the track, especially those who have customized bodies, way to scratch that paint off and leave your signature mark!!!

NorCalCoug
09-26-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by CaboWabo
Speaking of fire...
My first 'bitStunt'. Granted it's rather weak, but at first I was terrified of ruining my bit - now it's Evil Knievel time!

Bwahahaha, now that's great. :)

SoulflyCRX
12-18-2002, 07:07 PM
Hmmm, I am not sure that I am diggin' those flames. Ah well. To each his own.:D

dragon4450
12-21-2002, 11:21 PM
man and i thought i was crazy makeing my micro jump a belt on the floor.

bagelbm
12-22-2002, 08:22 AM
This pictures from www.thinkgeek.com.

ChouDawg
12-22-2002, 07:42 PM
Digi Qs go 10 MPH they could make that jump..

GoOsEmAn
12-27-2002, 11:06 PM
lol..doesnt looks like u made it to the landing ramp..did u? looks like it fell right after the ring of fire...