PDA

View Full Version : Sportin' chubbies!

bdebde
06-28-2003, 11:02 PM
Check out the zip zap sportin' da chubby german alloys!

Bad Company
06-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Awesome wheels! My only question is do the front tires rub when you turn? They look like they would. Also, when are they doing another one of those group buys from Germany, I would like to get in on it this time.

strider_mt2k
06-29-2003, 08:58 AM
That thing looks like it handles nicely.
That would be a good candidate for a multi cell mod too.
The wider stance would definitely help reduce flipping.

Azimov
06-29-2003, 12:29 PM
do the front tires rub when you turn?
From my experience with wide tires on the front of these cars, I would say absolutely yes. This car is gorgeous with these tires, but flat undriveable. The wide front tires are a double edged sword. They look great, but the front wheel wells need to be hollowed out so far to allow unrestricted turning that it destroys the look of the body. Not a fair trade off in my mind.

bdebde
06-29-2003, 01:20 PM
I like the 350Z body best with those wheels, but I did not want to have to cut the wheelwells. I may try to make a wider 350Z body with 2 shells to cover those phatties. For now I decided to go with the porsche body. It has the largest front wheelwells. Here is a pic, those wheelwells are stock! I did very small trim front and back after this photo to get full travel.

sessiz10
06-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Ahh5hit
Awesome wheels! My only question is do the front tires rub when you turn? They look like they would. Also, when are they doing another one of those group buys from Germany, I would like to get in on it this time.

There is another group buy going on now.

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpForum/viewtopic.php?t=961

charliebrown
07-10-2003, 03:06 PM
the red porsche body is especially good for turning, for the way it slants in the front. This allows the wheels to turn at a sharper angle and reduce flipping. It also allows for more wheel space.