PDA

View Full Version : The Adeventures of Nathan's Civic

Nathan
06-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Just thought i'd share a fun story or two with you all:)

One fine day, at [EDIT: Unnamed] High, I, Nathan Sullivan, decided to try a handbrake turn.
(95 civic DX- 0% traction, 0% power, 314324515787% brakes). So i pulled into the overflow lot (it's all dirt) and proceded to pull my handbrake. My poor DX instantly slid sideways, then foward into a parking spot:D .

Then my friend comes up with a hot idea. Why not disconnect 3 of my fuel injectors? So i took a lap around the lot, with my engine stuck at 3000 (of 7000) and stalled out trying to burn rubber (front wheel drive = easy burnout).

So here's my car in a nutshell. D15B7 (or is it 8?) engine, 102 hp, 80 tourqe :). and bad tires. Apex-i exhaust (a real one, not a rice cannon), AEM intake thingy. 5-speed (with a revverse that grinds if you move 1 nanometer whilst putting it in).

That was fun.

Kajoq
06-27-2003, 08:21 AM
Handbraking is fun lol, I took out my A6 avant to a big ol' church parking lot one night and was just tossin it around. Was able to pull full 360s in my big wagon. Was gettin some good controlled 4 wheel drifts too. Quattro ownz all.

btw... rear wheel drive > front wheel drive for burnouts... Rear wheel = less weight on drive wheels which makes it easier to break them loose.

Nathan
06-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Wow. What is it with church lots? There's one near my school everyone uses as handbrake central. Maybe God loves burnouts...

During initial acceleration, your car's wieght shifts to the rear. That's the whole point of a rear-wheel drive car. This also means front-wheelers lose traction under acceleration. I learned this from Gran Turismo 2 and we proved it in real life:)

The notable exceptions are extremely unbalanced cars like newer camaros, which might as well have Teflon strips for rear tires. And skylines, which are so sickiningly powerful they need all-wheel drive:D

Kajoq
06-27-2003, 10:15 PM
Church = huge parking lot that only gets parked in 1-2 days of the week, Make sense?

Nathan
06-28-2003, 10:22 AM
Yeah, 'cept for the rent-a-cops at ours!:rolleyes:

Scientist
07-31-2003, 11:03 PM
Then my friend comes up with a hot idea. Why not disconnect 3 of my fuel injectors? So i took a lap around the lot, with my engine stuck at 3000 (of 7000) and stalled out trying to burn rubber (front wheel drive = easy burnout).

now why would u do such a stupid thing like dat? i even 4got wat else i wanted to say.....dat one really got me though:D