PDA

View Full Version : A question of battery life...

zot
06-12-2003, 07:41 PM
I noticed just my panther no longer has the same battery life (in the tank) than my friend's, even with new batteries in the controller.

So here's a few questions...
Do the rechargeable batteries gain a "memory" over repeated uses? If so, is there a way to get rid of it? If not, the batteries will eventually become useless due to a short period in which they remain charged, would there be an easy way to replace them? What kind of batteries are they and where would I get them?

Sean

Napalm_Guru
06-13-2003, 11:54 AM
check if you're using nickel cadmium batteries, because you shouldn't. Also make sure they're all the same brand, and type.

If you already tried this and you have a first generation tank, you may need to remove one battery from the controller after use. This cuts the power to the controller and will stop the battery draining problem, that some people with earlyer tanks have.

hope this helps.

Alard
06-13-2003, 12:19 PM
a similar problem with a Digi Q Panther. From what I've heard, the NiMh batteries are not as reliable as NiCad batteries. Whatever, my Panther needs a new battery pack allready.
It runs out of juice in about two minutes.

By the way, this is when charging using the 4 position stand-alone charger. It works great with my other tanks.

So far, been unable to locate these batteries in small quantities.
Probably will buy a bunch and sell them to others who have the same problem.

http://www.maid.gr.jp/products/c-digi-q/img/toyshou-002.jpg

zot
06-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Where have you found them, in what quanities and how much?

I was considering geting a few and seeing if I could make them removable from my tanks. Just need to add a plug of sorts onto the wires so I can remove them.

Alard
06-13-2003, 01:17 PM
about $2 each + shipping.

Installing a connector sounds like a good idea.

zot
06-13-2003, 01:22 PM
$2 each? that's not bad at all. Having the connector means you can yank out a crappy battery when every you want or swap in a fresh one if you don't want to wait forever to recharge. (Yet another reason to get the 4 tank charger thing.)

zot
06-13-2003, 04:02 PM
What are the batteries called? What size are they?

Alard
06-14-2003, 07:52 AM
are two cells, 1/4 AAA, 80mAH, NiMh.

This supplies ~ 2.4 volts.

microracer1
06-14-2003, 09:31 AM
Is this the battery recommended by Konami? Exactly the same batteries as the ones from the original tank?

I checked out the site that you posted and found a speaker system, is that for sound effects? Too bad I can't read Japanese! Anyway, it's out of the topic for this forum but I just thought if it's really for the combat DigiQ ... COOL!

zot
06-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the info. Any suggestions where I might find some online and some small mini-connector plucg I could install?