PDA

View Full Version : Damping...

niceguyteddy
06-09-2003, 11:10 AM
With all the mods (bearings, 6 cell etc) I have done, my car is now quite heavy and the suspension is becoming quite oscillatory.

I did think about fitting alloy spring loaded oil shocks for mini Z but soooo expensive and even more weight plus difficult to fit as not intended to(?).

So, my question is....

Does anyone have any ideas about damping the movement in any other way?

What about a blob of silicon between arm and chasis or some sort of rubber mount/gromit? It seems a shame not to use the compact neat little springs already in place.

Anyone thought of/done anything else??
Come to think of it does anyone else find this a problem?

binaryterror
06-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Mine does not experience this at all. I do run the soft springs in the rear and mediums and hards in the front depending on my LHS's track for the week.

tinyrc
06-14-2003, 01:53 AM
Perhaps try fuel tubing in place of springs? I use soft or med springs on all corners myself, so I'm surprised that you're looking to stiffen further.

modelmotobikes
06-16-2003, 07:59 AM
Try using TAmiya's Anti wear grease on the suspension arm, rods and all moving parts. This grease, although is a grease, is very thick and causes the speed of the movement to slow as its very sticky

Thus I hope this will act as a form of "damper" I use this grease on my "grease shock" those cheap RC cars where they are not equiped with an oil shock

Hope this helps

Tee S S
www.modelmotobikes.com:D