PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Imports At The Theatre

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 09:53 PM
well here is a collection I made of all of the teeny boppers imports I saw at the opening night of "2fast2furious". No i didnt go see the movie because i have never liked the first one. But anyway here they are:

This first picture shows the 2 morons that I know. The owner of the gold Honda has a completely stock engine and has gotten into 5 wrecks in the past 3 months. One of the wrecks involved the blue Acura next time him and damaged the drivers side door.

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 09:54 PM
heres a picture of a truck. "BLING BLING"

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 09:56 PM
This thing has the usual fart cannon.

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 09:58 PM
This car just looks like crap but i was kinda curious as to how fast it is (notice the racing slicks in the front??) so it might be a 1/4 mile car ... who knows

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 10:01 PM
This car is owned by a kid named Brent. Once again the engine is stock. I was told Brent has to go to court for wreckless driving. haha figures

AUDI-TT
06-06-2003, 10:01 PM
i HATE those honda civics, i dont mind the newer versions though

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 10:02 PM
make up your own joke _________

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 10:03 PM
heres a supra ( actually a quite nice car) but its going into my "imports i hate" catagory because the exhaust pipe is large enough for my fist to go in and clean.

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 10:06 PM
this thing gave me a headache to look at haha and people ill say this one time only : not all imports suck just the ones teeny boppers with no experience in cars have and make look like crap and could careless about performance.

blacksabbath070
06-06-2003, 10:11 PM
and for those of you wondering what i was driving here you go this car is a 2001 Zn cougar. And yes i did use photo editor on it a LOONNNGG time ago to see what it'd look like lowered,
and thats just the way i saved the pic as. I didnt really waste my money on lowering it.

nrmcj
06-07-2003, 12:46 AM
:D

black sabbath, i like the way you think :)

freakanoid
06-07-2003, 05:24 AM
hey those cars are crud except the supra say wot u want but i like that car.
p.s im sooooo annoyed my dad jus sold his limited edition toyota soarer (this car can go) for a crapy saab. its not that bad, but the saab isnt that fast. i like fast cars. And the saab doesnt look that great either.

keep the pics comin blacksabbath

viperkilla
06-07-2003, 08:37 AM
yea i know what you mean on the way to school...i see some ppl drving bummed up civics and putting spoilers on it and chrome wheels....i mean save up your money and buy a half decent car

DraGula
06-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by blacksabbath070
make up your own joke _________

is that the movie poster for f&f3?

tinyrc
06-14-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by DraGula
is that the movie poster for f&f3?

LOL! Some Photoshopper needs to make it into one, hehe! :D

binaryterror
06-14-2003, 09:46 AM
Any Michigander here can show you the ricer equivalent on muscle cars that you guys think are better.

Believe me, today being a super cruise (Gratiot 2003) right by my house, i can attest to there being rusted out half done "mullet" machines who will get tickets for being morons!

So the term "ricer" does cross over to the muscle car and classic car arena...they are called "mullets" or "Hickers".

I'll try to get up there today and tonight to show off the lame ass "mullets".

nrmcj
06-14-2003, 02:30 PM
haha! mullet! :D

takumi_drifto
06-14-2003, 09:31 PM
i saw a 300zx in one of the pics.. not bad...

nitrofocus
06-14-2003, 09:55 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p5e1d91f7b2df5dcfe9bf4cbdc4fbd9d2/fc246a62.jpg

strakka
06-15-2003, 04:49 PM
for the first pic......... does he know that hes not allowed to take up 4 spaces?

man, i gotta go get some pics of ricers........ especially since i live in toronto...... there are sooooo many lame ass ricers here.........hahahahaha

black sabbath- your rite... it all depends on the driver...... hell takumi drove that ae85 like something else in 1st stage.. or was that 2nd stage.... cant remember.......

binaryterror
06-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by strakka
black sabbath- your rite... it all depends on the driver...... hell takumi drove that ae85 like something else in 1st stage.. or was that 2nd stage.... cant remember.......

Umm Takumi is a cartoon dude...

strakka
06-15-2003, 06:31 PM
no hes not!.... heh..... heh........ damn it!

sessiz10
06-15-2003, 07:52 PM
:p

nrmcj
06-15-2003, 09:10 PM
OHHH damn!!! that's sweet man :D i love it!!

hahahahahahahhaha.... ooomg.... that's even better than "ricers make jesus cry"

good work :D

DraGula
06-16-2003, 09:42 AM
i made one too:

DraGula
06-17-2003, 12:11 PM
any idiot knows this crx isnt a lamborghini:
bet they say its an siR too:D

VuN86
06-20-2003, 12:43 AM
u guys should check out http://www.riceboypage.com/ check out the hall of shame u'll all be on the gound crying hahahaha but anyways the other day i saw an eclipse and it had a stock spoiler but that's not the bad part the gay mofo put a racing spoiler on top of the stock spoiler the racing spoiler were the ones like in the first fast and the furious like the one on that eclipse haha so the guy had a spoiler on a spoiler it was sooo gay and a couple weeks ago i saw another eclipse that just looked plain fugly

Nathan
06-21-2003, 04:25 PM
At least leave the red 300ZX alone, it may actually be a TT:D

blacksabbath070
06-23-2003, 08:46 PM
unfortunately I didnt have the time to take more pictures at the theatre, but I'm going to keep a disposable camera in the glove box so when I'm out cruising i can get pics of cars I see. Good news- I bought a new car I bought a 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse for 600 bucks because the engine is trashed so Im putting in a 4g63t (turbo eclipse) engine in it. Im going tomorrow to Collinsville Oklahoma to look at one that the timing belt broke, which of course Ill have to buy a new head. Bad News- going to take longer than a month to exchange the motor out and get it running well, but it should turn out great. I'm going to start taking pictures of my new car and the donar car and make a log of what's going on so keep tuned in.

Scientist
07-20-2003, 12:11 PM
yow why do u guys keep dissing other ppls rides....your car aint even impressive....some ppl are tryin to be creative with their cars and do wat they think is nice...u may not like it but its not your problem so lay off their ride....and if u thinkin of replyin and tellin me i probly drive some P.O.S....i have a stock JDM rav4...and come where i live in the caribbean with your eclipse and 300HP and u still won't be able to beat my rav4...i see soo called "Rice cars" but i don't diss em...i say he atleast tried something to make his car look nicer to his own likeings....ya'll need to grow up and stop minding other ppls property that they worked hard to get...

blacksabbath070
07-20-2003, 05:24 PM
hello Scientist, I am mature enough not to reply and say "you probably drive a POS" I have been on this forum for a very long time and get along great with many of the people here, so for you to tell me to quit dissing others rides i rarely ever diss anybody in general. I make my cars for speed not looks. Also another thing is I know 4 of the people that own those cars anyway, I used to go to high school with them. I dont care what you drive, a car is a car, I was just stating my opinions on these peoples rides. I am sorry to hear that I upset you, I hope from hear on we can get along. thanks- blacksabbath070

Ovgron
07-26-2003, 10:31 AM
lol, i think 'rides' sounds funny. Ya know, ive looked in the auto recycler and people sell good cars such as chargers, mustangs (older), bel airs, cobras, some others, for very cheap, probably less than those guys queer imports. It bugs me that people would spend $1000's on the looks of there car, but not $50 on there engine. My dad says work on the engine before anything else (he used to build race cars, dragsters, dragged himself). Right now im saving up for a 24' Ford T-bucket project to fix up myself, ya know the first thing im gonna buy is a engine and then worry about looks. And i just wanna add that making your exhaust pipe as big as a melon doesnt help any except making your pewny 90hp engine louder.

Silent_NightR34
07-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Ovgron,
your right and wrong about fixing up the engine first...you would fix up the engine first if your drag racing...but for tracks, people pay more attention to the handling and weight...did you ever hear about 2 truneos beating a skyline r34? one of the truneos engines were stock..one had 160 hp an the other had 200...the 160 hp with a modifed suspension beat the skyline and the 200hp truneo...the 200 hp truneo with a set of coilovers beat the skyline..the stock skyline came in last...by a distance..but since i suppose you are talking about drag racing ill stop...i hate drag racing i only have one thing to say...Real racers turn both left and right..:p

blacksabbath070
07-26-2003, 11:25 PM
I hope this thread doesnt become a huge argument :rolleyes:

2fast2furious59
07-29-2003, 09:51 AM
this is sorta bugging me but i have to say it. not all people who drive civics or integras are rice boys. i live in pa and what i heard is teh law here is you can't even do nething performance to your engine. thats atleast what i heard. and well i know like 4-5 people with some really nice civics and integras. they are not lil riceboys liek you guys are dissing people here. these kids cars are nicer than you could imagine. they dont just give lil stuff liek a body kit for looks they have everything form full custom interior to custom paint job to custom painted engine....and a bunch of them are running turbo with only one of them running nitrous oxide. but around here you rarely see any ars considered to be rice only a couple. and one of my friends civics is lowered 4 inches but he has to raise it up because it is illegal right now...the front headlight has to be liek 12 inches from the ground , his is only 10

Yugo DSC Maxxer
08-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Yeah!
Gotta love Ford Econovans!!!
:D :bdrop:
vvv

Yugo DSC Maxxer
08-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Yugo DSC Maxxer
Yeah!
Gotta love Ford Econovans!!!
:D :bdrop:
vvv
And Hummer H2's!:D :bdrop:

DraGula
08-19-2003, 11:29 AM
that defeats the entire purpose of the H2!
except the looking good part, i guess.

ax0n
09-13-2003, 04:39 PM
a little late... but this is what we saw opening night 2f2f...

BTW it was supposed to make fun of ricers. the owner was cool as hell

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0038.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0039.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0040.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0041.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0042.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0043.jpg

Racer9
09-13-2003, 05:19 PM
lol!

Yugo DSC Maxxer
09-13-2003, 06:07 PM
That is soooooo freakin' funny!!!
I love that!
But I think that is a cool car!
:rolleyes: ;)

Racer9
09-14-2003, 04:10 PM
If they made real body kits like that I would crack up!

DraGula
09-15-2003, 06:56 PM
someone had a bit too much time on their hands...
why do we hate ricers anyways? they're hilarious, and fun to laugh at, but hate? no. The official definition of a ricer is a car made to look fast, and ends up stupid, so why do we call something a ricer because it's all show and no go?
thats just my 2 cents.

Yugo DSC Maxxer
09-16-2003, 12:05 AM
I agree with you...
That's why I like Yugo's....
:p :D :D
Yay for Yugos!!

PauloBecker
09-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, wazzup! This is my first post and I thought it would be nice to do it in this thread (since I also have a lot of fun laughing at riceboys :D ). Anyway I've bought a MicroSizer about two months ago and it has just arrived today yaaay very fun little thing to play with :)
I just wanted to say that I agree with blacksabbath070's and Ovgron's point of view about this ricer subject, IMO the first thing one has to modify in their car is the engine and other ACTUAL performance parts. Personally, if I had a really kickass car with like 500hp I wouldn't touch the outside appearance, I'd leave it completely stock looking so no one would suspect that I could beat the crap out of them.
Here's a little something I've made in Photoshop that you might find pretty funny :D

Racer9
09-25-2003, 02:54 PM
wierd!

Scientist
10-05-2003, 09:44 PM
actually the word ricer is a term used to define asian cars...it originated from the fact that asians grow rice and eat alot of rice hence the terms rice cars...but time changes the meaning of words...but rice rocket is a good thing...and rice is a bad thing...

Skyline
11-14-2003, 06:11 PM
alright...im not one to do the exterior work (anymore) before the engine...but what if someone strictly wants their car to look better?...has it ever occured to you that they MAY NOT want to go fast/er. its like women putting on makeup, theres no real purpose, but if thats what they want, let them do it (for the record i hate makeup). i only say this because i was once of that opinion...ive since changed my mind...but hey. (still don't have that bodykit...ha.)

Deity
11-14-2003, 06:40 PM
heres a supra ( actually a quite nice car) but its going into my "imports i hate" catagory because the exhaust pipe is large enough for my fist to go in and clean.

quit being a hater....have you ever even seen that generation stock supra exhaust?.....these are the cars that started these trends.

and the cars at the movies...oh no...I can see stuff worse than that on my drive home.

thanks for the entertaining post though.

Chaos Fire
11-14-2003, 07:53 PM
Why do you hate import so much? It's annoying how everyone's hating nice cars because they're not domestic peices of Sh*T.

Skyline
11-15-2003, 12:32 AM
hey now, not all domestics are bad. while i am mainly an import (errr..i mean Nissan) guy, i HAVE TO admit that old school American muscle is....well...awesome. Chargers, Chevelles...come on...they are beautiful cars. you are being just as bad as the people you're talking about when you make a blanket statement claiming that all domestics suck. so think about that next time you try to call domestics crap.

Yugo DSC Maxxer
11-15-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Skyline
hey now, not all domestics are bad. while i am mainly an import (errr..i mean Nissan) guy, i HAVE TO admit that old school American muscle is....well...awesome. Chargers, Chevelles...come on...they are beautiful cars. you are being just as bad as the people you're talking about when you make a blanket statement claiming that all domestics suck. so think about that next time you try to call domestics crap.
I second that!
I also don't think that all imports, or not even most, are crap.
It's just what people do to their imports are carp and in result make the car crap.

blacksabbath070
11-16-2003, 01:28 AM
"quit being a hater....have you ever even seen that generation stock supra exhaust?.....these are the cars that started these trends.

and the cars at the movies...oh no...I can see stuff worse than that on my drive home."

Haha. Quit being a hater? If you were smart enough you would have read that earlier I had said "not all imports suck just the ones teeny boppers with no experience in cars have and make look like crap and could careless about performance." I should have probably worded it like this:

Not all imports suck. Some have ridiculous bodykits and very annoying exhaust tones. But that can also be said about some domestics. I do however hate seeing kids with imports put a bodykit, new exhaust, and intake and go around saying how they own every Mustang on the street. I do realize that many imports are tuned up and make high hp daily driven cars.

So next time before you go whining about my opinion read all the post. Sorry your not intelligent enough to figure this out, but if the only reason you came to this message board is too complain about what someone says you need to grow up.

By the way I never said that only domestics are good and anything else is crap, hell I drive a Mitsu Eclipse, its not fast nor do I want to spend money on making it faster. Its just a car, it goes from point A to point B.

Comrade_Boris
12-11-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by ax0n
a little late... but this is what we saw opening night 2f2f...

BTW it was supposed to make fun of ricers. the owner was cool as hell

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0038.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0039.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0040.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0041.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0042.jpg

http://buddha.jccc.net/~axon/photo/060703/0043.jpg

lol, thats the best!

Scientist
01-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Cars from the muscle car era in the US do suck....i'm not baseing my comments on straight line performance...any retard with legs can drag...thats why i hate drag racing...to go on a circuit requires a lot more skill...and a muscle car without extensive modifications to the suspension system can never handle as good as even the low end japanese and european cars....i hate muscle cars...i hate the sound of a V8 even the toyota V8s and V6s....the sound jus doesn't seem refined enough for me... all my mechanic friends hate working on american built cars...they all think they are pieces of **** when maintance time comes around...but thats just my 2C....although i am starting to like some of the newer cars being produced except the mustang....

JDMDrifter
01-06-2004, 09:17 PM
Personally, I don't like muscle cars because most handle very poorly. However, I do have respect for them and I appreciate them.
I personally am into some imports, but I am definitely for performance before looks. I will be getting a Nissan 240SX and the very first mod will be a Redtop(I'm poor) SR20DET. Not because I'm hopping on the bandwagon;quite the contrary, I would almost get something else because every drift-poser has one. Then I'm going to strip the interior of sound deadening and back seats, a/c(if it has it) and a stereo. I'm not even gonna get custom wheels for a long time, but when I do, I'll be getting Gram Light 57C's. They're high-quality and light, and not too expensive. And what size will they be? 15". My car won't need bigger wheels. Before I get wheels, I'm getting a larger intercooler, HKS 264 cams, a Kaaz 2-way LSD, and a Nismo head. Then I'll get an APEX'i Super AFC. In order to clear a larger intercooler better, and to have better airflow, I'll be converting to a Silvia front end. Then I'll take out the little carbon-fiber piece between the headlights and replace it with a grille, once again, to help airflow. And of course, when I get the money, I'll be getting an APEX'i N1 exhaust. And guess what? The tip will be fairly large. Turbocharged motors can build up backpressure with a small exhaust, and a large amount of power can be gained with a larger one. The same applies to the Supra that was shown. The HKS Dragger exhaust is huge, and yet when applied to the Supra it can add lots of power. Something I won't be adding is a boy-racer bodykit, or a wing. I won't regularly be going 90+mph, why do I need a wing? I will be adding a dry CF hood(made by my brother and his friend), but as soon as I get the money, I'm painting it to match the car. I won't have an Option sticker on the back; instead, I'll have a GRiD Race Technologies sticker and an OppLock sticker, to promote my brother's company.

Scientist
01-06-2004, 10:17 PM
cool nice choice...me and my friends tryna get a 180SX for a project car to get our shop started

this one already has a HKSGT253 Ball bearing turbo, front mount intercooler, 17 inch rims with 17x9s up front and 17x10s in the rear...JIC coil overs, sparco bucket seats, roll cage and puttnig down 312HP to the wheels,
should have this car by easter depending on how long it takes to ship
plan on changing the rims to 17x9 and 17x10 volk TE-37s

if you want a jdm silvia or 180 i can give u a couple links
http://www.kaizousha.com/images_car/SPEED18007/1.JPG
http://www.kaizousha.com/images_car/SPEED18007/6.JPG
http://www.kaizousha.com/images_car/SPEED18007/5.JPG

JDMDrifter
01-07-2004, 02:11 PM
That's alright, I'm gonna try to save up all the money myself, for about a year, so I can fund the 240SX. If I get lucky, though, my dad might buy me a Silvia when we're in Europe. We'll probably go on the BMW European Delivery trip, and if we see any cars worth buying when we're there, I could be a lucky man.
By the way, that's a very nice RPS13, an example of a car with very tasteful and useful mods. If I had the money I would switch to TE-37's too, they're one of my favorite wheels, very light.

Comrade_Boris
01-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by JDMDrifter
That's alright, I'm gonna try to save up all the money myself, for about a year, so I can fund the 240SX. If I get lucky, though, my dad might buy me a Silvia when we're in Europe. We'll probably go on the BMW European Delivery trip, and if we see any cars worth buying when we're there, I could be a lucky man.
By the way, that's a very nice RPS13, an example of a car with very tasteful and useful mods. If I had the money I would switch to TE-37's too, they're one of my favorite wheels, very light.

keep your eyes open for Audi S3's.........they are the tightest hatchbacks ive ever seen!

i love european cars.......lived in europe for 2 years...part of me still lives in europe (my mind.......i can not stop thinking about europe......especially switzerland, my favorite country.....).....

enjoy your time in the EU!

JDMDrifter
01-07-2004, 07:32 PM
Audi S3's are sick, but since there was never a US model you have to pay for crash-testing, which is several hundred thousand I've heard.
I lived in Munich for a year, but I was only 4 so I don't remember a whole lot. But what I do remember is good:D .

PauloBecker
01-08-2004, 08:16 AM
Yes Audi S3s rule! I remember I almost fainted of emotion the day I saw one here in Brazil :D It was a beautiful yellow one, parked at the airport. One of the coolest cars I've ever seen around here.

purfishy
01-15-2004, 12:54 PM
waht yoo talking about? you dont need non-us cars crash-tested when you import them...... when i brought my '90 r32 here i just had to get it converted (motorex shipped it here and converted it for me. cost a fortune, though not near 100,000)

JDMDrifter
01-15-2004, 02:02 PM
That's because MotoRex paid for it, there isn't a company that imports S3's that I know of.

Comrade_Boris
01-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by PauloBecker
Yes Audi S3s rule! I remember I almost fainted of emotion the day I saw one here in Brazil :D It was a beautiful yellow one, parked at the airport. One of the coolest cars I've ever seen around here.

i love the s3!!! never seen one in person though...

they are my favorite hatchback......if i could get one, it would be yellow.....it looks soo frikin sweet in yellow......
http://www.car-pictures-photos-pics.com/Audi/S3/1.jpg
http://www.audioimports.com/cars/S3/S3Pics/F1010009.JPG

PauloBecker
01-15-2004, 07:43 PM
I've already seen 2 S3s here in Brazil. And they were both left-hand drive :)

NissanGTR01
01-16-2004, 05:36 PM
i have the ultimate rice rocket 1995 Nissan Pickup(hardbody)2 wheel drive with the KA24E not much done to it just simple stuff exhaust ya kno to get it to sound good so just to let all of ya know that all rice rockets arent cars and trust me i havent spent 6000 dollas on the exterior to make it look pretty just to fly by you at 130 mph your not gonna see to much and another thing i like about japanese motors is they last for ever and they get great gas milage considering i drive a pretty good distance to college everyday i live my rice rocket i am getting my custom tag soon and it is gonna say "RRRIICE" =-)> and yes it may sound like a pissed off yellow jacket but you mess with the yellow jacket and you will and i mean will get stung i am hunting for a RB26DETT and transmission if any one has any info on something like that then please let me know i wanna be the only person with a skyline motor in a truck. I wanna be able to pull up next to an unsuspecting corvett and just walk off that would be cool. and to all the people that wanna have a bad ass looking car then more power to them and for the people that wanna get 1000hp out of a 4 cyl then good luck and watch for flying pistons well gotta run but i will let you in on a secret I actually got a trophy for the ugliest car =-)> at a car show but unlike everyone else i didn't raise my hood :D
bbgtr
pics coming soon i need a better camera

JDMDrifter
01-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Wouldn't a '95 have a KA24DE?

Your truck sounds like it will be pretty cool. No one would suspect a truck to be quick, and starting with a truck that's already pretty light is a good start.

97PrizmLsi
01-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Scientist
Cars from the muscle car era in the US do suck....i'm not baseing my comments on straight line performance...any retard with legs can drag...thats why i hate drag racing...to go on a circuit requires a lot more skill...and a muscle car without extensive modifications to the suspension system can never handle as good as even the low end japanese and european cars....i hate muscle cars...i hate the sound of a V8 even the toyota V8s and V6s....the sound jus doesn't seem refined enough for me... all my mechanic friends hate working on american built cars...they all think they are pieces of **** when maintance time comes around...but thats just my 2C....although i am starting to like some of the newer cars being produced except the mustang....

All of the top trim cars out of the muscle era had bad ass suspension. Whenever i ride in my friends 67 Camaro it is so smooth. Go look at any Shelby and tell me the suspension sucks (they were made for the track you know, but whatever). Detroit paid attention to stuff like that when they made enthusiast cars in the 60s and 70s because people took them to the track.

Only people with slow cars say they would rather autocross and then they even get beat by domestics. A mustang GT with a suspension package upgrade (even without) will beat the pants out of any 4 cylinder with comparable drivers. Hands down.

I have an import and i concede that is slow. It can still beat the majority of civics in a drag though (mainly because they are over laden with body kits and subwoofers and 50 pound mufflers) but the suspension is far superior to any other economy car I have driven.
People say comparing v8s to i4s is like apples to oranges are wrong...because it's usually the i4s that want to compare..then they get smoked. I also concede that there are many fast imports..but seriously..there are not that many taking into account all the camaros, trans ams, mustangs, corvettes, etc, etc. on the road.
I am thinkin the import industry will start making their sports cars more commercial with cars like the 350Z, maybe even the Evo and the WRX. One of the coolest cars I have ever seen is an Integra GSR with a JDM H22 turbo (3/4 hybrid), FMIC, lambo doors, and G35 lights and widebody kit. It just looks so good but it's also extremely quick. (it's my friends sister's boyfriend's, i want a ride so bad). But now he has poured...or his sponsor has poured around 20K into it, with a resale of maybe 15K while a mustang will hold it's value.
I give props where props are due, but kids like the guy with that 87 Accord with a poorly welded muffler need to be chasitized (this car revs at me on a daily basis, I showed him what a 4AFE can do once but he wants a rematch)

Bottom line is, you say "Detroit" people think "muscle". You say "Japan" people think "fuel economy and reliablility". I personally would love a MR2 SW20 (3SGTE is such a good motor), Eclipse GSX, because they are some of the only imports with balls and boost. A 3000GT VR4 (the ice blue color) would be my dream car (well feasible dream car). There are fast imports..but most of them are in Japan.

NissanGTR01
01-17-2004, 08:36 AM
well see thats what i wanted the de but the 95 nissan only has the KA24E the 96 has The KA24DE yea i think it will be cool it is pretty fast as it is with the single cam. It was so funny last night some guy in some riced out honda prelude you know he had exhaust and maybe an intake with a automatic trans pulled up next to me last night well i guess he heard the exhaust note coming from the 2 4.5 inch tips in the back of my truck and thought thats all i had what he didn't hear was the hissing sound coming from the 3 inch throttle body. I got rid of all that plastic tubing and got a Foam type air filter the ones that look like a dome and stuck it directly on top of the throttle body and clamped it there well needless to say when i hit second all he saw was the white flames that came out the dual tips as i pulled off and then he had the nerve to say that i cheated and hey was the one counting down from three and took off when he said two he was just mad cause all the supposed hight performance parts he put on his car that mom bought didn't allow him to beat an old dented up pickup with one tail light (some one backed into my truck and broke it i have no clue who did it but looks like another trip to the junk yard

purfishy
01-17-2004, 06:22 PM
i have a '90 r32.

JDMDrifter
01-17-2004, 08:17 PM
That's a nice R32, but I'm confused. If you live in Japan, where did you have it imported?

purfishy
01-18-2004, 07:22 AM
so you mean imported to usa or imported to japan? i bought it in japan, then when i decided to go to college in the usa i brought it with me. (i couldn't live without her for 4.5 years :) ) it cost a hugelymuch amount, though.

Schr-eng
01-31-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 97PrizmLsi

I give props where props are due, but kids like the guy with that 87 Accord with a poorly welded muffler need to be chasitized (this car revs at me on a daily basis, I showed him what a 4AFE can do once but he wants a rematch)

Hahahah.... oh man that made me laugh...

First of all, you are comparing two very slow cars. Your 4AFE might have 16 valves per cylinder, but it only produces about 90hp. Sounds better than it really is.

It's meant strictly for fuel economy.

I know this because I drive a '92 Celica St... with the same exact motor.

Do yourself a favor and get a 4AGE. That way, at least you have something to work with. It drops right in and is 120hp stock. Otherwise, don’t even bother.

viperdout
02-01-2004, 01:40 PM
Okay, I can live with Skylines and Supras, as long as they're not ricey (they should look like Purfishy's R32). Ricers, always say , "well my car will kill you to american cars, then when they lose, they say, "well you have double the cylinders." Yeah, well you have a turbo, but I'm not complaining. The fact of the matter is, the imports-vs.-domestics argument is just who can trash talk better. Yeah, I've heard of 1,000+ hp supras, but I've also heard of 1,700 hp Mustangs. What ever you like, fine, but don't argue it with someone who hates what you like. It's pointless. Yes, most people who drive ricey civics are stupid teenagers. Well, guess what? Most people who drive 5.0s (Camaros and Mustangs, the civics of the domestic market) are of the same age. [/rant]

97PrizmLsi
02-01-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Schr-eng
Hahahah.... oh man that made me laugh...

First of all, you are comparing two very slow cars. Your 4AFE might have 16 valves per cylinder, but it only produces about 90hp. Sounds better than it really is.

It's meant strictly for fuel economy.

I know this because I drive a '92 Celica St... with the same exact motor.

Do yourself a favor and get a 4AGE. That way, at least you have something to work with. It drops right in and is 120hp stock. Otherwise, don?t even bother.

Hrmm..I guess you don't know much about Toyota engines. My 4AFE has 16 valves in total and is DOHC. That means 4 valves per cylinder, 2 air, 2 exhaust, 16 in total. The engine is rated at 110 hp with matching torque. I'm not sure about your variant, but either way I am well aware it is an economy engine. I meant for it as a joke. I was trying to make a point. If my prizm can beat an 87 accord with a muffler that is saying something.
And as for the 4AGE, it is a 20valve engine and the silvertop puts down 160hp and torque to match (unlike the honda b16), the blacktop makes around 165, but is coupled with a 6speed transmission and LSD (in an ae111, levin or trueno top trim, i forget the exact model). I have actually already priced a 20V engine swap..it's around $3000 for everything (ST). There is a shop in town that specializes in toyotas and nissan swaps. $3000 is a little more than I have at the moment..but even then it's still front wheel drive and can barely hang with an integra on top of having few if any parts availiable in the US. The 4AGE can make great numbers (much better than any honda engine) if you stick on a stage 3/4, but that gets pricey and torque steer would be hideous. I hope you were talking about the 20Valve 4AGE in your post, because a 16valve (like the one found in the Corolla GTS) would be like going back in time and plain stupid, plus that engine makes only 130.

JDMDrifter
02-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Hrmm..I guess you don't know much about Toyota engines. My 4AFE has 16 cylinders in total and is DOHC.
The 4AFE has 16 cylinders? Wow, I am impressed.
(Sorry, that was sarcasm)

97PrizmLsi
02-01-2004, 07:37 PM
LoL, 16 valves, sorry. I wish though!

97PrizmLsi
02-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Doesn't that one cadillac with the long ass engine bay have 16 cylinders?

Scientist
02-14-2004, 10:47 PM
to the guy buyin the 4A-GE 20V....get the 4A-GZE of the ae111 chasis...makes 170 HP and is already built for forced induction...comes with a supercharger...swap out the supercharger for a turbo...a guy on the island i live on did it with an AE92 GTZ levin(supercharged stock)...but twin charged...has a T3/T4 and the stock supercharger....the car is puttin out 498HP to the wheels...

Uncle Caleetro
02-16-2004, 07:33 PM
I still like the fact that V8's hold the record in the quarter mile, and a V8 won the last 24 Hours of Nurburing. And whoever says imports are better than domestics because they handle better, even though they may be slower: has a ricer ever pulled up to you and asked if you wanted to race through some mountain roads, or does he normally want to go till the next light?

boxcrash
03-01-2004, 12:00 PM
What domestic car have you ever ripped down some twisties???

The corvettes blow, unless its a C5 or a C6.
I still think they suck. AWD may be heavier but it hooks up much, much better and can be pushed way harder. Oversteer or understeer for that matter is not my thing, sure a good driver can drive a RWD hard but that same driver once he got use to the AWD could push it much harder. I think most of the push rod V8's are outdated and NASCAR for that matter has a heck of a time getting 500hp out of a 350(I know there are alot of reg.) and you see street legal Sky's with 1300+ hp or a Audi I-5 with 850+, like Dalbacks Golf or Quattro.

Scientist
03-01-2004, 12:45 PM
well
1. we don't have stop lights
2. all we got is mountain passes
3. V8s don't survive...not even japanese V8s down here...
the straight 6s and the I4s and V6s

as any japanese racer will tell you...balance is key...thats why a well thought out 140HP AE86 levin can be faster around a track than a overly sized skyline or supra. american cars are built to do one thing and one thing good....straight line performance....if thats what i wanted then i'd be driving a muscle car...but since i want all round performance...i drive either a jap, or european car

boxcrash
03-01-2004, 04:30 PM
as any japanese racer will tell you...balance is key...thats why a well thought out 140HP AE86 levin can be faster around a track than a overly sized skyline or supra. american cars are built to do one thing and one thing good....straight line performance....if thats what i wanted then i'd be driving a muscle car...but since i want all round performance...i drive either a jap, or european car

Agreed also, thats why a little 150-160hp Golf weighing 1200lbs can kill anything at the Autocross if set up right in the suspension.

97PrizmLsi
03-01-2004, 06:36 PM
well
1. we don't have stop lights
2. all we got is mountain passes
3. V8s don't survive...not even japanese V8s down here...
the straight 6s and the I4s and V6s

Sounds like a cop out to me...but it's cool that you can hit the moutains...nobody asks to go on moutain roads here

97PrizmLsi
03-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by boxcrash
What domestic car have you ever ripped down some twisties???

The corvettes blow, unless its a C5 or a C6.
I still think they suck. AWD may be heavier but it hooks up much, much better and can be pushed way harder. Oversteer or understeer for that matter is not my thing, sure a good driver can drive a RWD hard but that same driver once he got use to the AWD could push it much harder. I think most of the push rod V8's are outdated and NASCAR for that matter has a heck of a time getting 500hp out of a 350(I know there are alot of reg.) and you see street legal Sky's with 1300+ hp or a Audi I-5 with 850+, like Dalbacks Golf or Quattro.

Yah, i see a 1300 hp skyline everyday..snicker. But I seriously can go down to the tracks and watch late 80s mustangs with dart blocks hit low 8s all day

Uncle Caleetro
03-01-2004, 07:59 PM
How many of those Skylines make that power naturally aspirated? V8s can be made much more powerful with simple mods, and it is very possible to get 700hp out of a small block with no blower or turbos. So maybe you do get to race through mountain roads, but every guy I have ever met has been stop light racing, and there is where V8s dominate.

boxcrash
03-01-2004, 10:05 PM
That may be true to some extent.........but stop light racing is gay, if I want to go drag race I go to the drag strip.
If I am serious about that straight line I will run what I ran in the previous days or what my friends ran, Busa's with turbo and or Nitros or 900RR with Nitros and stretched swing arms.

Heck I have seen a VR6 Golf GTI twin turbo beat up on everything on the drag strip, it was killing vettes and Vipers.
We can talk this trash all day long, not that I know more our are better than you but I work on cars for a living and sure V8s are nice but its all about power to weight ratio and usualble power. I mean come on you do not see F1's running 4 cylinders or I-6 unless they are CART or some kind of unlimited or what not, I mean shoot heck they just about all run V10's now. I mean why not a V12 instead, whats the big deal with a V8, you know what it is, they are cheap you can go to Autozone and buy a turnkey 350cu, thats why. You can make them fast for cheap, but they are still heavy, mostly pushrod technology which is one reason why Harleys are slow, pushrod tech is old school and not as efficient.
18-26K RPM F1 motors are not pushrod...........
There is not replacement for displacement unless it is old-tech and power to weight ratio is a joke.

Sure old caddys in 1918 or 28 where 16 cylinder monsters, but they can barely get out of there own way.

But hey you do not see 4000hp+ funny cars and rail cars with 4 cylinders or I-6's do you now, but me I could care less about straight line, sure its fun to go 0-200mph+ really, really quick...but you know whats even better is doing it in the corners and whats even more so, on two wheels or the back one.:D

Not a car that can beat a bike if you can get the bike to hook and stay planted, but then again same issues we face with XMods, getting crap to hook there is a too much power point where you have to add weight to make it hook then you are going backwards, power to weight changes and so does the point.

boxcrash
03-01-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Caleetro
How many of those Skylines make that power naturally aspirated?

Not many but nat aspirated takes the fun out, sure its instant and all that but eventualy you have to run race fuel because of compression, sure you can run a 15:1 on normal octane, but it does not like it and it won't be for long you run it that way.

Heck I don't even like superchargers, because they are parasitical.
I love the sound of a turbo or turbos, the spooling, the blow off the lag then sudden neck breaking accel.
What you do is build a fast motor as much as you can naturaly aspirated then slap a turbo or two on with a massive intercooler and plenty of good condensed cold air, of course with a lower compression if you want it to hold together with incrediably high boost.

I use to love stangs and muscle cars, I had a 87 stang and a 69 GTO once,I use to help friends build camaros and stangs, I work with guys now that have Saleens and Grand Sports; but when I discovered the refinemant and the true love for the open road in European and non-domestic cars it was like going from kindergarten to college, such a dramatic maturaity.

boxcrash
03-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Yah, i see a 1300 hp skyline everyday..snicker. But I seriously can go down to the tracks and watch late 80s mustangs with dart blocks hit low 8s all day

Thats the 1/8th or 1/4th???

Cause I can watch stock bikes run 9's all day in the 1/4th and thats stock for probably a quarter of what those guys have in there rides.

Anywho I am done, opinions are whatever they will be to each his own, on the track things can be proven and disproven. Like the fact harley cannot get a bike on the Superbike or any GP bike course to place better than like 5th even with a miracle rider, thats if the bike can even finish.

But yet Ducati with the Italians built a V Twin that is just as old as Harleys tech that walked all over and still does at times every bike, Japanese, domestic, european, etc.

97PrizmLsi
03-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Thats the 1/8th or 1/4th???

Cause I can watch stock bikes run 9's all day in the 1/4th and thats stock for probably a quarter of what those guys have in there rides.

Anywho I am done, opinions are whatever they will be to each his own, on the track things can be proven and disproven. Like the fact harley cannot get a bike on the Superbike or any GP bike course to place better than like 5th even with a miracle rider, thats if the bike can even finish.

But yet Ducati with the Italians built a V Twin that is just as old as Harleys tech that walked all over and still does at times every bike, Japanese, domestic, european, etc.

who the hell runs the 1/8th? my car lol. I am talking an 8 second quarter with a small block (350 i believe) dart block (the beast wheelies for about the first 100 feet). There are more than a few speed shops in the desert that bring some awesome bracket racers. You would love to see this 67 nova down at the tracks. He is running around 7.5 with a 502 twin turbo. It's not even funny how much gas he burns (jet fuel from the local AFB), but damn...it is fast.
The bottom line is that domestics run big motors...and they are king of the practical drag purpose muscle. I can't totally concede that imports are the best all around cars as far as handling goes, but I can't make my argument at this moment because I have some major calculus to hit up and little time.

Scientist
03-01-2004, 11:07 PM
ok....not all CART...which is F1 cars run V10s...

Nissan and Toyota run 2.0 litre 4 cylinder engines makin about 800HP so they can have perfect balance in the car...

jus look for the Top Secret 3S-GTE Supra if u don't believe me

and i agree with the point that stop light racing is gay...why can't ppl do it like wat we do here...u meet someone on your way home..give him two flashes from behind..if he accepts he accelerates off...if he's faster he gone leave u behind if not u gone either pass him or keep up....but comin up to someone and revvin is just gay...most times i ended up racin its either when they passed me or we stopped or something i found out what i was up against...thats where the fun was in for me...i know i can't take em in the straights..but if i corner right i'll be able to take em

ps...V8s are nice...when me and my friends build our full body drag car we gone build a 3RD gen RX7 or a datsun 120Y with a Big block V8...extra light body with tons of torque

but since right now our main focus is rally and circuit...we stick to our 2.0 litre 4 cylinders and bout 20 pounds boost for now...dependin on the track

97PrizmLsi
03-01-2004, 11:26 PM
That sounds tight, I wished I lived down there where you can race the moutain roads. The top secret 3SGTE is insane. I can't fathom why they would swap in a 4 cylinder engine into a car that has a inline 6 that was born to become a monstrosity. Isn't that 3SGTE in the supra twin turboed, or otherwise running on extremely high boost? That engine makes me love the MR2 SW20...it's like a little piece of a porsche for a tenth of the price with 3/4 of the performance. Too bad they are rare on our shores. Also the rare Alltrac celica..those are some special cars...will smoke any civic SI or stang GT straight up any course period, stock for stock of course.

Uncle Caleetro
03-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Oh, believe me, I totally agree street racing is stupid. I have NEVER done it, and never will, but I was just referring to that because it seemed to be the set type of racing for this thread. You're right, bikes are sweet, and I would love to ride one, but I would feel so unsafe because of the other drivers out there. Pushrod V8s still make tons of horsepower, and now that the DOHC setup is moving into V8s it will only get better. I love V8 because I think they sound awesome, and going into V10 or V12 will get extremely expensive until they are offered from the Big Three.

V8s don't require extremely high octane to make high horsepower. I have seen small blocks making nearly 700HP on pump gas, with some room to spare. Sure, the kick from a turbo may be fun, but I love stepping on it in a tuned V8 and being pushed back instantly. Low end torque rocks.

I agree that four cylinders are good for autocross or road courses, but they just do not have the brute power V8s can offer. One of you said V8s are popular because you can build them rather powerful for not much cash. Isn't that what everyone wants, cheap speed?

I drive a 2003 Silverado SS, and it is plenty fast for me. It also handles well enough for everything I have encountered yet. Mostly, the whole debate is basically matter of opinion. A lot of kids I know say that their four cylinders are better because they can outhandle stuff, but I have never seen or heard about them autocrossing or racing road courses. I love my V8 truck because it is plenty fast for when I want, I can haul more than any four cylinder, I think it sounds sweet, and it handles well enough for me.

Overall, if you want handling, but a sacrifice in straight line speed, and better gas mileage, get a four cylinder. If you want low end torque, raw power, and towing, get a V8. It's your choice.

boxcrash
03-01-2004, 11:56 PM
Lol, I am saying sure you are right.

Actualy a Dart block is a Dodge motor, I have a guy at work that is running a 1K plus Dodge Dart(shaped) drag car, he has two Fuel Injector Predator 4 barrels on it and yes it runs on alcohol also.

I am not sure what kind of 1/4th mile runs he gets but they are low.
Alot of people run a 1/8th on the short tracks, I am just saying drag is not my thing.

That is fine, I still think push rod tech is old school and heck for that matter the internal combustion engine is a little outdated.
Heck700+ mph land speed record is not set by not freaking internal combustion pushrod V8, lol.:D :rolleyes:

Also there is no V8 that is the fastest production car, those are held by V12's naturaly aspirated even out accelerated the modified V8's of the likes of Sledgehammers and Lingenfleters.

We could argue this forever and thats fine, but you line your boat V8 up against my Audi 850hp+ Coupe Quattro(still in the building stages, but it can easily be done and I have plenty of drivetrains and fabricators to get it done when I need to) weighing in at about 1400-1500 lbs or less and we will see who beats who to what stop light and heck we can even do some twisties and I will let you catch up just so you can see me pull away hard.......real hard.

boxcrash
03-02-2004, 12:00 AM
yeah true, I think we are all on the same page here, just personal preferance.

Oh yeah a nicely tuned V8 sounds so nice I agree a deep rumble over a ricey fart can is much nicer.

I beleive keeping it on the track too.

Also the CART do run V6, 4's, V8's V10, etc.

F1 is the V10 strictly, the Brickyard F1, etc.

Though CART are turbo charged and all kinds of stuff, but amazing, there the ones I love, I love F1 but a screaming glowing red impeller is so awesome, especialy when the Kompressor housing is the size of a large pie-pan.:) :D :p

Yeah I know some guys with the 350cid Z cars, loads of fun.:D

97PrizmLsi
03-02-2004, 12:07 AM
[BWe could argue this forever and thats fine, but you line your boat V8 up against my Audi 850hp+ Coupe Quattro(still in the building stages, but it can easily be done and I have plenty of drivetrains and fabricators to get it done when I need to) weighing in at about 1400-1500 lbs or less and we will see who beats who to what stop light and heck we can even do some twisties and I will let you catch up just so you can see me pull away hard.......real hard. [/B]

The Audi sounds intense. Maybe it's just me but I haven't seen too many heavily modified euros, engine wise. Doesn't the Coupe Run a v6 that puts in around 250ish stock? Maybe that's the TT, I don't remember. But they are pretty cars, that's all I know. Are you planning to drag it or rally it, or just have a damn good time with it on the streets? I'd like to see some pictures of the project as soon as it's running, it sounds awesome.

But I think the fastest production car was a 70ish 'cuda that made the 1/4 in 10.5 seconds. That is the fastest production car I have heard of.

Uncle Caleetro
03-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Just to let you know, I love old skool V8s. I actually love the whole old skool hot rod culture. I don't think there is anything sexier than a 401 Buick Nailhead in a 1960 Le Sabre, or a sweet finned Flathead in a '50 Merc. Those obviously dont make as much power as other V8s and many other engines, but I think they are works of art. I personally just dont think all the wire harnesses and fuel injectors and such on turboed imports are anywhere near as rahd looking as a chromed and finned Nailhead or Flathead. I love 'em!

edit:
Here are some pictures of a sweet Flathead. http://www.flatheadjack.com/merc/mercengine.html#
You may or may not like it, but I know I think it looks sweet. How about we get some pics up of our favorite motors?

Uncle Caleetro
03-02-2004, 12:10 AM
If it was a '70ish Cuda setting records it was most definitely a Hemi, but I am pretty sure it wasn't running 10.5s. I still love the Hemi Cudas though.

Scientist
03-02-2004, 07:28 AM
a quick question...how many of those muscle cars make 800 + Hp and are still daily beaters?

should have a few i guess

97PrizmLsi
03-02-2004, 07:31 AM
That nova i mentioend is a daily driver

boxcrash
03-02-2004, 08:07 AM
The Audi sounds intense. Maybe it's just me but I haven't seen too many heavily modified euros, engine wise. Doesn't the Coupe Run a v6 that puts in around 250ish stock?

No the older coupes, like a 86' where a turbocharged I-5. The new TT is the 1.8T or the 3.2L VR6, which they just call the V6 but it is a VW VR6.
The Audi Quattro they where called they had a shorter wheelbase so they could pivot better and there fenders where flared. It is very hard to find these and when you do even a salvage one will cost you about 10K.

The one we have in the works is a GT coupe that we are placing the AWD/sncyro drivetrain under. I am considering building 2 I-5's with about 700-900hp each and placing one in the front and one in the rear/mid engine. Would be so much fun to have a dual engine 1400-1800hp lightened AWD drive mosnter.

We plan on running it on roadcourses only, no street. Maybe drag, but probably all roadcourse.
Full rollcage, maybe two seats in the front(just for the want to take a ride factor. :) ), of course fiber/plastic buckets, etc. Right now though we have drawn our attention to a Autocross only Golf.

Uncle Caleetro
03-02-2004, 03:06 PM
There is lots of high-horsepower classic muscle that could be driven daily, but many people prefer to drive newer cars just because they don't want to detract from the value of the classic. Why drive a valuable car everyday that has bad mileage if you don't have to?

Like I said, how many of these motors you are talking about are making the power naturally aspirated? If I turboed a V8 I would have tons of power and be able to still drive it daily. If you tried to make 800HP NA out of one of the motors you are talking about you probably would not be able to drive it everyday.

Scientist
03-02-2004, 11:09 PM
ok then next question...

which daily driver V8 have u come across makin 800 HP naturally aspirated

and for your info...the 20B rotary that was in the LE Mans RX7 (which got banned) was makin all its power naturally aspirated. they said mazda had an unfair advantage cause of the wieght of the engine

boxcrash
03-03-2004, 08:46 AM
If you tried to make 800HP NA out of one of the motors you are talking about you probably would not be able to drive it everyday.

No problem, I have seen them do it.
That eip car is like 650+hp and is a daily driver. Dahlbacks Golf is and can be a daily driver at 900hp running full boost setup, it can also be dialed for less around 550hp and still daily driven and thats a I-5.
He also has a Audi Quattro 2-door that is faster they say then the Golf.

Plus that R5 probaby fully dressed weighs about half or more than a fully dressed twin turbo V8. Then that V8 will have a fun time hooking up all that torque at a lower launch, won't wind as high either.

So I mean alot of factors have to be accounted for, power to weight, traction issues, drivetrains/gearing, powerbands, etc.
Thats why a 1.3L motorcycle at 400lbs. with aprox 160hp can kill a 800hp Hemi Cuda, straight line accel, top end, etc.

Uncle Caleetro
03-03-2004, 01:26 PM
I did ask how many of these motors you are talking about are making all this power naturally aspirated, not turboed.

Anyways, my whole point here is that I like V8s, you guys don't, and we aren't going to change each other's minds. It doesn't really matter to me which one makes more power as a daily driver, because I wont be racing on the street anyways, so I might as well try and get at least decent gas mileage every day.

boxcrash
03-03-2004, 03:48 PM
It doesn't really matter to me which one makes more power as a daily driver, because I wont be racing on the street anyways, so I might as well try and get at least decent gas mileage every day.

One I could care less about naturaly aspirated engines, that was not my arguement, I do not even like superchargers honestly.
It does not matter though...like you said and I said before, preferance.

About gas, I hear you loud and clear. With prices soaring to unreasonable rates in the states I have thought of going two wheels for my primary transportation year round.
It is getting out of hand and makes me mad as anything, and there is nothing we can do about it too.
I thought we went to war for one of the reasons of oil control and prices among many others............I am done.:D

Scientist
03-03-2004, 05:29 PM
2.0L 4 cylinder VS 4.7 V8 Supercharged

out come...stock evo wins by 4 car lengths

http://www.onlydominican.com/forum/files/untitled-2_136.jpg

filelicker
03-03-2004, 05:57 PM
I have to say ricers suck!
I have owned muscle cars for ever { all street cars not trailer queens or I can't do that it might get dirty}
th following pic is of a black 1973 "bonnie and clyde " edition chrysler new yorker{1 of 50 ever made}factory wide whites leather half top and chrome wheels with a dual carb 440 cid{ no one could take it} aslo in the pic is my personal favorite the ultimate "beater racer" a 1976 chevy nova with a police package, 350. chevy 11:1 comp with wild cam headers and glass packs, chassis ties front and rear disc brakes and a high stall speed 400 tranny. this thing would pick the front end 2 feet off the ground {really} { this car made me alot of money}.
http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v64/bikerdad1969/DSC00006.jpg

Scientist
04-08-2004, 12:50 AM
now since i aint in that conventional american straight racing bull****...i don't own or intend to own an american muscle car....they are fugly cars...where do they get the designers?...they are bulky and are like dead weight...try takin that 440 and do some real racing with it....straight line requires no brain work....real racing isn't just a quartermile...thats why the ricers and the euros keep wiping the floor wit the americans and their big "muscle cars"...the muscle error is dead...technology and boost rules now

Uncle Caleetro
04-08-2004, 01:17 AM
Hahahaha, I'd like to see you get in a high horsepower rear-wheel drive car and make it down the quarter mile like the top-fuel guys do. It takes a lot of skill and concentration. And personally, I think ricers with their outrageously stupid body kits are ugly, and unnecessary.

97PrizmLsi
04-08-2004, 01:22 AM
now since i aint in that conventional american straight racing bull****...i don't own or intend to own an american muscle car....they are fugly cars...where do they get the designers?...they are bulky and are like dead weight...try takin that 440 and do some real racing with it....straight line requires no brain work....real racing isn't just a quartermile...thats why the ricers and the euros keep wiping the floor wit the americans and their big "muscle cars"...the muscle error is dead...technology and boost rules now

You aren't going to change anyone's opinion here. I don't really see where you get off saying that euros are wiping the floor with Domestics...at least you concede that they certainly aren't doing it in the 1/4. A lot of people would beg to differ that real racing is not done in the 1/4. But anyways, you live in a place where there are some very pure and commonplace imports from what I make of it (Evos, Pulsars, Civic SiRs, etc). An ITR is a rarity here, plus it is weak compared to a Mustang GT (ok, stock they are about the same, but the Ford V8 has more potential [don't try to argue with a Paxton SC]). The American market is dominated by domestics...that's all there is to it. Not many affordable import sports cars are availiable to us right now. To get one you need to fork over near 35K$ for a 350Z, Evo, or STi (don't argue numbers with me here, 35 is at least what you will spend) or spend a while looking for something relatively rare (MR2 SW20, Eclipse GSX, Supra, RX7). Or you can always spend big $$$ making a civic go fast. The thing I don't think you are comprehending is that muscle car roots go deep in the USA. It is something unique to the US. It is symbolic of our nation's power and prestige and many people won't ever let it go, so I don't know where you are getting that the muscle car "error" [era] (heh, nice play on words) is ending.

NOS man
07-14-2004, 11:49 PM
its amazing what photoshop can do. look at my work

NOS man
07-14-2004, 11:49 PM
heres after my magic touch..

NOS man
07-14-2004, 11:50 PM
please dont steal this image as i have put a lot of work into it.
thank you.

Scientist
07-15-2004, 08:16 AM
97PrizmLsi

that 4A-GE is overpriced.

the market value of a 20V blacktop is just a bit over a grand within the caribbean and under a grand for the 20V silvertop

and the AE92 GZE is jus under $500 for a complete motor

also the engine is available in the corolla GTs

but now if i were u.....i wouldn't go for a complete swap...i'd buy a Longblock GZE for bout $90.....used the forged pistons and reinforced block and get an exhaust manifold and turbo charge it....my friend in jamaica had one using stock internals and was running over 20psi boost

Now as for another comment about more Muscle cars than imports etc....That is totally off....there more imports world wide than muscle cars....Jus look at sales figures for top selling manufacturers

Next point, the world record for a STOCK block supra with only bolt on mods is 1200WHP. I do not know any V8s without going lower compression pistons and running on PUMP gas pulling out that kind of power

also for the guys with the 14:1 compression for their 1000+ N/a V8s....can u go to a regular gas station and fill up?...or do u have to run methanol or 100+ octane gas?

viperdout
07-15-2004, 11:05 AM
ok then next question...

which daily driver V8 have u come across makin 800 HP naturally aspirated

and for your info...the 20B rotary that was in the LE Mans RX7 (which got banned) was makin all its power naturally aspirated. they said mazda had an unfair advantage cause of the wieght of the engine

That is a racing engine, not street legal. Muscle dead my ass. A V8 is the cheapest way to make power, hands down. Considering that with a single Turbo, a 302 bored and stroked out to a 331 makes 1700hp. Now, before you start saying that isn't street legal, the motor above is shoved in an 87-93 style hatchback stang that runs 8s in TRUE STREET. True street is a category where you must have a 100% street legal car. You then have to drive your car for 20 miles, then make 3 passes, without opening the hood or filling up the tank. Now before you say "Well domestics can't make a fast 4 cylinder" you should shut up. You've probably heard of the Ford RS200 Evo. It was just a little turbo 4 banger that put out 600hp, and ran 0-60 in under 3 seconds (still a world record). What about the Mustang SVOs? 205 hp stock, and there are quite a few of the turbo 2.3s putting out over 500hp without a sweat. If it weren't for the Fox body Mustang, few people would even know how to work with EFI (that was admitted by Super Street's editor). Imports are a fad. They change too often. The president of Johhny Lightning models said "Imports change so quickly, you could have something that's out of style in a week, while a Yenko Camaro will sell all day long." Hot import night's attendance is down, and American muscle has been dominating on the track and street. I'm not saying there are no fast imports. Some dude in Houston who goes by the name of Cheesefrog has a 10 second Civic that looks just about stock, and I've ridden in an 11 second 3000GT VR4. The point is, muscle is way more popular. For 3k, you can go buy a high mileage Mustang or Camaro. For the same 3k, you can buy a Civic. You can dump another 3k in mods into both of them, and the Mustang and Camaro will both leave the Civic in the dust. You need to stop watching F&F.

viperdout
07-15-2004, 11:08 AM
also for the guys with the 14:1 compression for their 1000+ N/a V8s....can u go to a regular gas station and fill up?...or do u have to run methanol or 100+ octane gas?

If you run a mild enough cam, you can get away with high test. I know somebody who dropped a 351 into a stang that he paid about 3 for. He's got 10 into it, including the car. He ripped a Viper a while back. Muscle is way better. I can go buy a stroked 351 for 4k that puts out 450whp. Let's see you do that with 4 grand with an import 4 banger.

blacksabbath070
08-20-2004, 05:08 PM
With 4 grand I could make a kickass 240sx with the Sr20DET and still get decent gas mileage not to mention better handling, or if I had a Civic Hatchback SI I could drop in a B16A2 and turbo and still have cheaper insurance then a muscle car, not to mention decent gas mileage and handling. However, it all depends on what your into.