PDA

View Full Version : Tiny?

fovea3d
09-18-2002, 05:16 PM
It's called the Mad Tune...

I just found on auction (and won!) what might be the smallest fully proportional R/C car manufactured to date. It is a 1:70 scale (length 2"1/2:D :D :D ) Nissan Silvia and it features everything the Epoch has only there is no differential nor suspension. It is very easy to control with some old fashion stick TX, speed is about equal to the 2.2 bit-char engine, but with the proportional controls it is much more precise than the bit. Keyence manufactured this model until 1996 and makes now the desk-runner, a HO scale truck. Battery charging is like on the Epoch except that the charger is integrated to the TX (6xAA). I did not find any information about this model on the internet so I'm assuming its a hard to find stuff now! ;)

Namuna
09-18-2002, 05:29 PM
:eek:

tinyrc
09-18-2002, 08:36 PM
fovea3d, great find! I'm amazed that it's from 1996! They were really ahead of the game. I noticed that they are using the "Nokia" style antenna as discussed in the BC-G Antenna thread! Very nice! :cool:

fovea3d
09-18-2002, 08:57 PM
Thanks tinyRC.

Actually what you see on the chassis is not a nokia like antenna but the electronic and esc boards! Its not a usual rigid green board like other R/Cs but the components are here soldered under that brown flexible plastic sheet that covers the chassis! Thats very unusual, so unusual that I won't take it apart as I often do with other R/C cars. The antenna is still a metal wire that plugs as is into a microscopic hole on the trunk.

Alex
09-18-2002, 10:00 PM
WOW!! i want one!! im searching the internet right now!

fovea3d
09-18-2002, 10:13 PM
Alex,

Im afraid the only web page you will find with Copernic is this one...
http://www1.plala.or.jp/cappo/iimono1/iimono02.html
The web was in its begining when the car was in production. I wish you good luck finding one though, its a very adorable design.
BTW, street price was $455!!! yes! I got mine NIB for $131.
Lucky, was I?!
We should write together a nice e@mail to Keyence corp. asking for a HO scale (1:87) R/C car... I am sure they would take the challenge :p

tinyrc
09-18-2002, 11:07 PM
BTW, street price was $455!!! yes! I got mine NIB for $131.

WOW! That would explain why they didn't get quite as popular as Bit Char-Gs! Keyence makes some amazing things but they don't seem to have their pricing quite worked out yet. Thanks for the explanation RE the flexi-PCB, that's very unusual!

mr0072003
09-21-2002, 12:43 PM
You know how lonh I have waited to find a Sylvia Bit......whover makes it.....so what are u saying that we can buy one...are thay out of production...:mad:

fatdoggy
09-21-2002, 01:39 PM
fovea3d - What car is the sweet looking yellow mustang?

fovea3d
09-21-2002, 06:12 PM
Hi Fatdoggy.
Its a 1:43 AMT snap plastic kit on a spec1 Epoch chassis.
More here: http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53
and here: http://tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=273

fatdoggy
09-21-2002, 06:57 PM
Cool thanks man. :D

mr0072003
09-28-2002, 01:05 PM
I have to have that car...if you ever want to sell let me know....if you ever see oe for sale let me know..... i tried searchning the net and so far no luck

fovea3d
09-28-2002, 01:23 PM
I will let you know but I don't think I will sell it, except if some company starts to make a HO scale fully proportional RC car so I can replace the Nissan. I am confident if you open an account on the auction site and set a favorite search with the keywords "Keyence + Nissan" or "Mad Tune" you will get an answer in the near future. Don't forget to set "mail me if a new item appears". Good luck!

fovea3d
10-19-2002, 02:30 AM
I just opened the chassis to clean the wheel axles a bit. This looks so strange :eek: kind of an alien design, the PCB unfolds and reveals some copper (?) parts in the steering area and motor pod. I mounted it back and it works OK but not to be done to frequently... precision surgery :D

tinyrc
10-21-2002, 09:20 PM
fovea3d, that thing certainly is crazy! What type of cell does it use?

fovea3d
10-21-2002, 10:39 PM
Hi Tinyrc

Yes crazy is the word :D The cell reads Sanyo N-50AAA 1.2V 50 mAh, I didn't yet compare the specs with one in the BC or Epoch but I guess I will have to replace it, run time is very low (under 1 mn). The cell is probably too old. Can you check if you can find any replacement? Size is close to the BC battery. Thx!

tinyrc
10-22-2002, 08:17 PM
fovea3d, yes, we have replacement cells that will fit; email me, we've got a bunch of stuff we need to send you! ;)

link 228719
10-25-2002, 05:41 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: dang!

Sniper596
10-31-2002, 04:12 PM
how much are the keyence trucks $500 used? Read it somewhere in the r/c car action site.

NorCalCoug
10-31-2002, 07:20 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

DANG! That's SO badass! Too bad they were so expensive. :) That really DOES look like a hotwheels. :)

usagi
10-31-2002, 07:36 PM
Those semi`s are nice..... prices are alittle out of wack, but cool never the less.

JBit
11-04-2002, 12:47 AM
wow this is an awesome find! i rank this right up there with me finding out about char-g after recalling the "penny racers" of my youth...are actually chloro-q!

Dux
11-04-2002, 06:06 PM
Chloro-Q? Sounds like some sort of preservative!

hally
11-14-2002, 04:59 AM
hi i found a 1:87 car with a self made ir receiver it is based on a plastic model of an opel omega you ll find it on www.h0-rc-modellbau.de
it is a by produkt of the tttt fever tttt means table top truck trial
where a lot of rc trucks are selfmade to drive in 1:87 dioramas there is also a model of a hummer offroad car with a selfmade receiver in 40 mhz fm

fovea3d
11-14-2002, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the link hally and welcome to the forum!
Yes what these ttt guys are building is amazing. I think 1:87 modelrailroad HO is the ultimate scale, also there is a huge choice of car bodies to chose from like the really high detailed models from Herpa. For the track, you can even use HO scenery materials and a permanent race track can be built on a large table.
I have also found an incredible place to race such 1:87 cars!
Check this :D
http://www.miniatur-wunderland.de/html/galerie/galerie.htm

The website adress: http://www.miniatur-wunderland.de

usagi
11-14-2002, 08:35 AM
I REMEBER THOSE CARS! THEY WERE COOL! But they did not sell very well here. Too many shorts and other electrical problems. Cool never the less :D

fovea3d
11-16-2002, 09:01 PM
Yes Usagi, they are fragile, thats true. The PCB board is so close to the steering pinion that they will touch if you screw the shell too tight :eek: Anyway I'm lucky mine seems to last a little bit :D Here is a video of it in action, note the schoolbus looking bit char-G's beside :D :D :D
http://www.fovea3d.dynu.com/public/Keyence.avi

hally
11-17-2002, 04:04 AM
Hello Allain
i allready hot on my next projekt t will be a 1:60? car i hope with a diff.
I found a company wich produces a slot car with a diff I dont know the diameter but i hope it is
1:60 they are extremely fast faster than bigger slot cars and they are holded on the tracks by magnets so the original motor maybe a little bit to strong and to big for a freerunning racing car
but asmaller coreless motor will do it to. also interesting are the tires wich are out of foamrubber with silikon and they seem to have a sticky consistence wich makes them holding on track like nailed on it . Another reason is that there are a lot of bodys and even some out of lexan wich is used by bigger RC cars because it is very flexible and would not breake and its lite the only thing is you have to colour it yourself.
here are a few links:
www.monarchlines.co.uk/VanquishMG/VanquishMG.htm
www.slotbox.de/

MTL
11-18-2002, 04:19 AM
doode you could totally pimp out that silvia...put some ZZ rims to make it have dubs...low profile tires...touring spoiler..
decals....maan i would love that

QFM Racing
11-18-2002, 10:52 AM
An expert on those Keyences can be found on www.stomper4x4.com. He owned one of these when they were still in production. His site use to have pictures of his keyence. His was a red trueno isf I wasnt mistaken.

fovea3d
11-18-2002, 09:34 PM
Yes Hally I saw the VanquishMG. It is surely a nice design, particularly the differential. Do you know if the Vanquish was already released, because the images are only 3D renderings?
I think the design will be OK for a slot car but I doubt the mounting of the motor is ideal for an R/C car. There is no room left to put the receiver and battery with this mid engine design, especially at that scale. I don't agree a Lexan body is necessary, in fact most of moulded plastics are solid enough for free running cars under the scale of 1:43 to endure shocks. On the Keyence, the plastic being 2mm thick is still very light and it gives such a small body the ability to run full throttle to a wall with no damages. That’s the same for Bit-Char-G unless you step on them they are relatively forgiving
:D

Sure MTL :D :D :D as soon as a find another one because I want to keep this one stock and alive :rolleyes:

Thanks QFM for the info

hally
11-25-2002, 06:17 AM
i asked the dealer about the vanguish and the worst thing is that it is 1:32 scale so the differential is to big for using in a 1:60 car
so i will make it like the opel and there i enough room for a 40 MHZ
receiver and Lipo 145 cell and a improvised servo and a few other things

hally
11-25-2002, 06:22 AM
Hi folks the the guy's from germany have build another car an 1:87 scale police smart with lighting check it out:
www.h0-rc-modellbau.de

Dux
11-25-2002, 09:14 PM
Ooh, ooh, great inspiration!

tinyrc
11-25-2002, 09:55 PM
Wow, it uses a motor for the steering too! Don't tell me it's proportional!? :eek:

http://www.h0-rc-modellbau.de/fahrzeuge/H0/smart2002/11160032.JPG

:cool:

fovea3d
11-25-2002, 10:59 PM
I am afraid it is :D and that MCC Smart must be 1 inch long! These guys have fun driving on HO train dioramas... can you imagine, all that genius work ruined just because of a RR crossing at the wrong time :D :D :D
Look at the details on that small Opel...
http://www.h0-rc-modellbau.de/fahrzeuge/H0/omega2002/index.htm

tinyrc
11-25-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by fovea3d
[B]... can you imagine, all that genius work ruined just because of a RR crossing at the wrong time :D :D :D

LOL! :D

hally
11-26-2002, 04:16 PM
Dux I'm afraid it is proportional and the coin there is 1 cent :D
the transmitter and receiver(including servo controller to use a normal rc servo and a speed controller included) will be available in dezember or next year it will cost minimum 60 euro!
Other parts receivers, controller with lighting, akkus, mikro motors from 4-12mm ,gears and they also build your dream car
but be carefull the prices are from 350€ to... they also want to build a standart modell series in february 2003.
The link of that shop is
www.mikroantriebe.de/

yes boys its a one cent coin it uses only 1 cell with 1.2Volts it is transformed to 3.3 volts by a elektronik

hally
11-26-2002, 04:36 PM
Hello me again can anybody tell me where i can buy a puchi maru i've never seen one in Germany even in stuttgart at the hobbytronic fair i only found microsizers so if anyone knows tell me
and here another cool baby a 4x4 hummer 1:87

tinyrc
11-27-2002, 11:00 AM
hally, we can get you a Puchi, email us at the Shop! :)

hally
11-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Dude i don't have a credit card and pay pal :confused: idanow how much would the small baby (plus handling and shipping)be.
also there is a problem with the transmitter wich is not allowed in germany but thank you for the mail maybe you find another way.
or tell me how the payment should make less problems .

Overlander
12-16-2002, 11:43 AM
Here I was thinking that I was the only guy in the U.S. to own one of these things:confused:

I bought mine brand new in 1992 from Dave's Hobbies in Sacramento. I paid $300 back then!!:eek:

I cant believe you only paid $130 for yours!! I would not sell mine for under $500!!

Mine is the red Celica and I have kept it lovingly stored in a cool dry place for over 10 years.

fovea3d, we must get together and race!btrc

-Todd

Overlander
12-16-2002, 11:47 AM
The bodies for these things were made by Herpa.

Sorry for the lame camera.

fovea3d
12-16-2002, 01:36 PM
Wow Overlander!!! That Celica is beautiful :eek: I confirm you are probably the only guy in the US owning one, because I live in France-Europe :D That will make it difficult to get together for a race unless I go to Cali someday :rolleyes:
I will not sell mine too... and even be more carefull when manipulating it knowing how rare they are now. What is the condition of your cell after 10 years, do you know your run time? Mine is less then 1 minute or 8-10 laps on a normal size desk at high speed. Its amazing they were on the market in 1992, I only knew there were discont. in '96.

Overlander
01-12-2003, 10:18 PM
fovea3d
I just ran mine for the first time in about 1 1/2 years. I got about 5 minutes of run time from the original 50MHA cel.

This thread got me interested in 1/87 RC and after some research, and several hours with Bablefish, I am almost done with the first TTTT (Table Top Trial Truck) here in the U.S.

Here is the beginning of the chassis

fovea3d
01-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Wow, you take this seriously Overlander ;) What HO truck is it going to be? Amazing work so far I hope it will give popularity to TTTT in the US, its really nice stuff. Someday I will begin a R/C project based on one of the nice HO Herpa cars I've seen as soon as I find components that are small enough (especially the steering servo).
The run time of your Mad Tune is pretty decent, I guess I need to replace my cel. Good luck with your truck :D

Overlander
01-12-2003, 11:21 PM
Another pick pof the rear gearbox.

Overlander
01-12-2003, 11:30 PM
fovea3d,

Thanks for the good words!

It is going to be a Roco Unimog. I have a special interest in Unimogs.

I built a custom RC 1/12 scale Unimog from all German parts; som Wedico, some Robbe, and some Hafner. It has 4WD and a three speed tranny (German not Tamiya). One of a kind rock crawler. I will post pics if anyone is interested.

I am also thinking of buying a real Unimog someday and building it for the Rubicon Trail in the Desolation Wilderness just west of Lake Tahoe.

For now, I am obsessed with HO scale trucks!

-Todd

Hicountry
01-13-2003, 01:13 AM
Overlander/hally

Hey guys I stumbled across some tttt stuff the other night and fell in love. I really want to build some of these but all the sites I found were in German.

If you could E-mail me some web sites that are in English or know of a good translator it would really help.

I think I can figure out the truck, but I want to know some people over there and get some hook ups for model stuff.

I have started on a diorama that includes HO trains, Ho slot cars, and a road area for micro RC. An off road area would be cool!

Thanks

Overlander
01-13-2003, 08:55 AM
I use Bablefish.

Overlander
01-13-2003, 11:51 PM
You should know that the TTTT I am building is made from parts you can buy here in the U.S.

-Todd

Hicountry
01-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Thanks overlander.

I have been searching the net and various hobbie shops around Seattle and you are the only American who knows much.

I am pretty sure I can build it with out help, but I wanted to really get into it and maybe find some parts and models that only people in other contries have access to.

Example...I race 1/24th NASCAR and IMSA. For IMSA I race an Austrailian Ford Falcon. A model an Aussie friend of mine sent me converted to RC.

Thanks again for your help, Keep the pictures coming. This stuff is so cool.

I am working on my own little HO world. I will send pics as it comes along.

How about a TTTT thread

slotsurfer
01-16-2003, 12:14 AM
Idea HO slot cars made a rear end like the Vaniquish.The cars were dragsters.I saw the price for the Keyance Desktop runner big rig truck at Ultimate Hobbies (http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/) For $199.00 during the Christmas holiday.They are the Keyance ditrubuter for the USA.

hally
01-16-2003, 06:09 PM
Hi slotsurfer that must be a custom car a ideal chassis plus a Vaniquish rear axle plus bigger wheels because the diff is to big to use it with standard wheels they have about 12mm so that woud be no problemo only the vanguish diff is damn expensive
in germany more than 30$

slotsurfer
01-16-2003, 11:58 PM
I made a mistake it was the Tyco TCR chassis

Canadian Bit
01-21-2003, 06:17 PM
Can somebody please sell me one of these 1/87 scale rc cars?

scuba steve
01-22-2003, 04:03 PM
hey overlander whats the brand of the celica?:)

Overlander
01-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Scuba Dude,
The Celica is a Keyence Mad Tune. Keyence is Japanese but the body is made by Herpa wich is German.

I think there is some video of one earlier in this thread.

Mine is for sale.
$1000.00 U.S Dollars.

-Todd

Racer9
03-06-2003, 04:17 PM
can I buy it now? If not please find me another one someone!:D :cool: :eek: :p

AUDI-TT
03-06-2003, 04:50 PM
a

Racer9
03-06-2003, 04:52 PM
rear wheel drive!

Racer9
03-07-2003, 05:26 PM
I just asked Keyence to make another car like this!:D :cool: :eek: :p

NoPropMan
03-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Yahoo! Taiwan Keyence Mad Tune Toyota Celica GT-R (http://tw.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/1106376402)

I ran it through Babelfish, and I think the auction is still going.

Racer9
03-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Cool but how expensive is it because my computer doesn't show Japanese or whatever!

micro_Amps
04-23-2003, 07:54 PM
Hi guys good to see a Mad Tune or two are still out there.
I have posted some pics of mine at the link below.
Hey Overlander, I emailed Herpa and they said they didnt and dont make bodies for these :( , pitty, I would have liked to find another one.
Have a look.......
Keyence Mad Tune on AUSMICRO.com forum (http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=524&FORUM_ID=1&CAT_ID=1&Topic_Title=Keyence+Mad+Tune+with+pics&Forum_Title=GENERAL+CHAT)

I have given it a cleanout and changed the internal battery, it runs really well now.
:) uA

Overlander
04-23-2003, 09:57 PM
Hey Assuie Amps,
I was pretty sure that the bodies were made by Herpa. Herpa and Keyence have been doing things together for a long time. Like the Deskrunners.

I could be wrong about the cars though. You never know who answered your email. Could be some youngster who was nine years old when these things were new:rolleyes:

micro_Amps
04-24-2003, 01:14 AM
Yes that is a possibility too. Anyway this is the guy that sent the email.....

Herpa Miniaturmodelle GmbH
Matthias Wolff
Produktmanager Cars & Trucks
Leonrodstraße 47
90599 Dietenhofen
E-Mail:wolffm@herpa.de
www.herpa.de

He is the product manager, so I figured he was the right person to talk to. No guarantee he even knows what I am talking about though, but I did send him a pic of the car. Still....no luck there.
So I emailed Keyence too at.......

KEYENCE CORPORATION
Hi-Tech Hobby Div.
Kenichi Hayashi(Mr.)
1-3-14,Higashinakajima Higashiyodogawa-ku
Osaka 533-8555, JAPAN
FAX +81-6-6379-1190
E-mail hobby-international@keyence.co.jp

and his reply, as expected.......

Unfortunately we have already discontinued this product. (End of life.)
Instead, we can offer some alternative R/C products as follows:
1/87 R/C TRAILER "DESKRUNNER 2000"

So thats it I guess. If you have one, keep it in good condition because there aint any more, and there aint any parts or hop ups either. Just enjoy what youve got.

Overlander
04-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Thnks for doing the legwork.

I am going to keep mine orriginal. I will probably update the battery as you have done. HoweverI will keep an eye out for herpa (or other HO scale) bodies that might fit.

I still must be the only guy in the U.S. to have one. So far, there is a guy in France (Fove3 earlier in this thread) you in Austrailia, and me in California. That is a pretty spread out owners club!

fovea3d
04-24-2003, 10:27 AM
Hi overlander! Thanks for your contribution to TTTT btw...
Here another Mad Tune owner:
http://www1.plala.or.jp/cappo/iimono1/iimono02.html
That makes 2 Silvia vs 2 Celica, we should meet and race some place on the planet :D I need to do the cell ugrade first, mine is still less a minute runtime with the stock cell.
Great thread on aussiemicro micro-amps, thank you!
I had the same "robot reply" from Keyence regarding Mad Tune questions.

Racer9
04-24-2003, 03:27 PM
So did I. I would like to know where you guys (or girls) got these. These things were so ahead of time then it is crazy. They are still ahead of time now!:p

micro_Amps
04-26-2003, 10:37 PM
We should stick together and post anything we find that might add to our Mad tune fun...bodies etc. Four members worldwide thats a pretty distant owners club.
I will add posts at Ausmicro (and here) when I find anything.
Racer9, just keep doing net searches for these, you will find one eventually.

killer
05-01-2003, 05:33 AM
:ö: those things are amazing! :cool:, it's like somebody or a micro rc addict/genius from the future brought it here, it's way ahead of his time, imagine somebody was able to think of such technology to fit into such a small car :cool: ..... okey, i know, enough watching sci-fi movies for me now. :D... keep it in mint condition guys, you'll be surprised how much that it would cost 20 or 30 years from now.. "the granddaddy of micro rc" :cool:

fovea3d
12-19-2003, 03:41 AM
For those interested there is a Celica on auction for 5 hours left!

Overlander
12-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Wow!
What a great price!

I would not sell mine for anything less than $1000 U.S.

Mine is mint. The one that just sold on ebay looked like it had some hard use. But still, someone got a tremendous deal.

fovea3d
12-19-2003, 11:58 AM
Hi Overlander!
Nobody got it! The auction just ended.
I almost bought it, that would have been my 3rd :rolleyes:
Yes, the guy changed the cell inside the car, depending his skills the car still works or is all messed up...

Cubicle
01-28-2004, 01:25 AM
I have one Mad Tune coming along with 4 other cars so if anyone here is interested feel free to e-mail.

kylelucas
04-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Does any of you MAD TUNE guys out there have and English Directions for your Mad Tune?

I have a "NEVER DRIVEN" Red Celica that I bought about 10 years ago from a colleague in Japan (for a small fortune I might add) and I want to give her a maiden voyage soon. I still have an intact decal sheet.................. killer car.

I only have a Japanese Generic sheet and a Road Plan. I need to know if the TX light blinks during charge or if this means ERROR (my cell may need replacing after 10 - 12 years)?

I placed batteries in my TX today and tried to charge this bad boy, but got a blinking light. After 2 minutes of charge, the wheels didn't do much, thus I expect a need to replace the cell. Just wanted to be sure, before I do micro surgery.

If anyone wants to see some pictures, EMAIL me.

If anyone can convince me that they need this more than I do, EMAIL me with your offer....... If no takers..... Keep your eyes out there in auction land ...................

Best Regards to all you MICRO FREAKS out there.

Reply to this forum below or email me for pictures and/or questions. Please title your message FORUM QUESTION, otherwise your message will get spam blocked. Remove CAPS from my email address below.

kyREMOVETHISdawg1@yahoo.com

[/list] http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v179/kylelucas/MadTuneCelica.jpg

Overlander
04-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Kyle,
I am on the road in Vancouver BC right now. I will pull mine out of storage and check the charge light when I get back to CA this weekend.

I think my docs are all japaneese also. I'll let you know.

-Todd

fovea3d
04-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi kyle and congrats for your Celica!
Yes blinking is normal, there are 2 steps during charge.
1. Discharging and then 2. Charging. Depending on the condition of the battery, the charger gives complete discharge before charging. During discharge the led is still and then starts to blink when charging begins. After 3-4 mn charging is complete and led goes off.
After charging do the steering work even a small amount when there is no juice for the motor? After full charge the motor should work for a short amount of time even if the battery is worn out.

Have fun!

kylelucas
05-01-2004, 12:21 AM
fovea3d-

Thanks for the help on this. I appreciate your input.

Looks like I will need to change the cell. Time for micro-surgery.

I hope all is well.

Kind Regards.
-Kyle

fovea3d
05-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Time for micro-surgery.

Just a few inputs :D

When you take out the body, take extreme care off the micro steering, don't touch the steering bar or even the steering motor.
The steering motor has an helicoidal pinion that is only "laying" on the steering bar. Misalignment of the ST motor can be fatal to the steering as it risk to disengage permanently after the operation. My Sylvia had this problem, steering was not responding again until you pressed on the hood :eek: to reengage the ST motor :rolleyes:
Also handle the rear motor pinions with care, and in general, don't apply force to the wheels, the axle are very soft.
For the battery no problem, just good soldering and insulation of contacts with tape is required.
Good luck:)

pev942
05-24-2004, 11:36 PM
hey if you guys like these cars i found a new company that is coming out with a car similar in size scale and feature called xxap www.xxap.com check it out they have metal and plastic bodies and use lithium batteries proportional controlls and 8 selectable frequencies they were featured in rc car action magazine this month

kylelucas
05-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Their cars are not released yet and they are heavy die cast. They will not be fast if you see their video.

It will be interesting to see how "digital proportional" they are.

The magazines show their first models as well. You can see the detail is also not very good. It will never be able to meet Mad Tune detail.

Overlander
05-26-2004, 12:30 AM
Well of course I must have one as soon as I can get my hands on one.

However, these guys say they are the first, but they are about 12 years behind Keyence.

kylelucas
06-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Greetings.

The Mad Tune that I have shown in this forum is >>SOLD<<.

Overlander
06-14-2004, 06:49 PM
I will buy it!!

I just sent an email to you.

-Todd

Racer9
06-15-2004, 08:19 AM
You suck! I was going to get it!

Martin Jones
06-30-2010, 12:59 AM
Hi there,

I've an original NIB Keyence Mad-tune here for sale. I've no particular interest in it myself, but found your site thru goog. This one is in brand-new condition, in the box, is a Nissan Silvia and is unmarked in any way. One of the two antennae is still in the bag and the tiny decal set is untouched in any way. The box still has the original price sticker on it (in Yen!) and the original track and bilingual instructions are included, unopened.

The original Ni-Cad button-cell is a little the worse for age and doesn't hold charge for long. I charged it up last week and gave it a whirl. Wow - that little thing is fast! :)

Anyway - interested? I'm in California, BTW.

-- A

(not my RL name above. I'm careful of my privacy!)

Racer9
12-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi there,

I've an original NIB Keyence Mad-tune here for sale. I've no particular interest in it myself, but found your site thru goog. This one is in brand-new condition, in the box, is a Nissan Silvia and is unmarked in any way. One of the two antennae is still in the bag and the tiny decal set is untouched in any way. The box still has the original price sticker on it (in Yen!) and the original track and bilingual instructions are included, unopened.

The original Ni-Cad button-cell is a little the worse for age and doesn't hold charge for long. I charged it up last week and gave it a whirl. Wow - that little thing is fast! :)

Anyway - interested? I'm in California, BTW.

-- A

(not my RL name above. I'm careful of my privacy!)

Hmm. I had forgotten about this thread, but just recently remembered these cars and went on the search again. Still got the Mad-Tune?

cherylfoster
01-07-2011, 04:34 PM
WOW! This would explain why they were not as popular as Bit Char-G! Keyence do incredible things, but they do not seem to have their prices quite ready yet. Thank you for the explanation RE Flexi-PCB, which is very unusual.

Martin Jones
02-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Hmm. I had forgotten about this thread, but just recently remembered these cars and went on the search again. Still got the Mad-Tune?

Yes, I do - sitting in storage unused. It seems a pity :/ I'd forgotten about this thread myself until tonight when I googled 'keyence mad-tune' and found my own posting. It really is a lovely piece of miniaturization!

Edit: I carefully disassembled it last year and replaced the battery with a brand-new N-50AAA cell (I'm an electronics engineer, BTW). It's running perfectly now though the thing spins up so fast it doesn't keep traction :)

toyman64
06-16-2013, 03:53 PM
I just got one, very very cool, I love Keyence, I have 5 desk runners also

mleemor60
06-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Test post.

mleemor60
07-11-2015, 07:32 PM
Continued test