PDA

View Full Version : Considering a tripmate

2000-redrider
05-20-2003, 05:22 PM
For you tripmate owners, how does it compare to any of your other cars(ie...mini-z, mini-x,....etc)? Just looking for your general impressions on performance, hop up potential, part availability/ compatability, and the sort. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I currently own a DRR and DTM SP. I'm looking at the tripmate becuase of it's versatility. I have a collection of plastic model cars that I like to see running.

donut
05-20-2003, 08:34 PM
I have a Mini-Z, Mini-X, and Kawada M24 Mid. No doubt about it, the Kawada is the best!!!

Diego50
05-21-2003, 03:32 AM
My Mini Z has a 5X2 FET stack. With the very same GPM high-torque motor and gearing, the Kawada, with a 2X2 FET stack, simply out accelerates and has a faster top speed! It also has higher cornering speeds through the turns. Without a doubt, this can be attributed to the longer wheelbase and track width, coupled with the LIGHT overall weight of the Tripmate (fully loaded, my Tripmate is as heavy as a Mini Z WITHOUT batteries!).

Not for beginners, since the Kawada needs assembly and a well thought out setup, the Tripmate is really a BETTER race car in terms of handling. But, for detail, ease of use and maintenance, the Mini Z is still better in that sense. Come race day, my "Kawi" will be sitting on the grid, while my Mini Z stays parked in its display case! :D

MicroRCEngineering
06-05-2003, 01:49 AM
The only thing that came close to my Kawada is the Pro-Z. I think they are neck and neck, so far at least.

Kawada is very versatile. I am currently using a mini Z CLK body, and I managed to install an LRP Quantum Pro, with my motor.

With my set-up, it's slightly heavier than a mini z with hop-ups, both cars having batteries.

BUT, the power is like night and day! My kawada only has 4 cells, and is most likely gonna keep up with an ABC DTM 180/ 5 or 6 cells. It is ridiculously fast.

When we have our get togethers, it's my favorite car, due to the speed and handling. It's like a miniature 1/10th RC. It is very smooth, very precise in turns, and no sales pitch, with my motor, combined with an LRP Quantum Pro, it makes my FUZION equipped mini Z's look like stock, and my FUZION beats all other motors on our g2g's (mini Z vs. Mini Z) for the mini Z. I'm not trying to sell anything here, this is the truth.

Pro Z has the same potential, but has less versatility when it comes to using other bodies like models, etc.

I call mine Stealth, because it's all black, and while the noisy mini Z's are runnin around, here's the Kawada Mid24 from way back, and out of nowhere, just sneaks up and leaves everyone. Very quiet too.

I give it my highest recommendation, along with the Pro-Z (if you're going to stick with Autoscales)

2000-redrider
06-05-2003, 04:39 AM
Hey, thanks for the replys. It looks like if I get another 1/24 scale car, the Kawada will be the one. Unfortunately, I couldn't justify a third 1/24 scale car, so instead I opted for the 1/18 scale BRP.

MicroRCEngineering
06-05-2003, 01:40 PM
2001, would you like to join us on our mini z get together? It's in Woodland hills.

i'll be bringing the Kawada and my ABC DTM

2000-redrider
06-05-2003, 02:50 PM
When are you plannnig on have the next get together? It's pretty hard for me to "get away", but I'll make every effort to show up. I'm really interested in seeing what everyone else is running.

MicroRCEngineering
06-05-2003, 04:02 PM
It's this Sunday. Email me your email address, so I may have Kai from minizworld.com send you an evite.

I run Kawada MID24, PRO-Z, Fuzion Z, ABC DTM SP, ABC DTM 56 mph (for exhibition)

Others: Overlands, F1's, Micro RS4 with Brushless, TMaxx.

Mini Z track from the RCX show will be set up by RCPMini Z. Overland track as well.

You can't miss this one.

nomotorlimit@hotmail.com