PDA

View Full Version : where is everybody?

killer
05-09-2003, 09:12 PM
:ö: looks like everybody is busy or something?.. :(

fastboy
05-10-2003, 04:06 AM
hellloooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

im a lil busy with hospital appointments and dont really feel up to anything at the mo,be back to normal in a week or so

dave

arch2b
05-10-2003, 06:47 PM
i'm still busy with my projects...
posted pics of my newly decaled tttt in my thread in the gallery...:( , no replies/comments, working out the gearing, etc.

working on custom mini z stuff too...
like new roof rack, custom decaling on all my cars, new purchases, writing reviews, etc.

lots of new pictures in my album in almost all the individual albums.

it has been rather slow lately:(

Landy Man
05-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Nothing to post at the moment, I have been a little busy with my 1:1 Landy which now needs a few repairs due to some trees jumping out in front of me.
I'm still working on my first truck however I think I might need to make some more (smaller) gearboxes, I have a problem with suspension travel. I also need to get some more bits and pieces before I can show you my progress.
By the way Arch I liked the decals.

Overlander
05-11-2003, 10:58 PM
I'm still here:cool:

squeegee
05-12-2003, 08:15 PM
I'v almost got enough money saved up to start building. So you might see some of my work this summer.

arch2b
05-12-2003, 08:31 PM
can't wait....always cool to see other work. great source for ideas and how to's

killer
05-12-2003, 08:42 PM
:ö:

so everybody is busy!.. :) lets hope to see more pics in the future (the sooner the better ;) ) and hopefully more people to jump into this hobby.

ei, Arch about your decals, they're awsome!!! and your corvette is really cool, are those water slide decals?.. if they are, i would suggest for you to spray a clear paint over it after the decals dried, this will protect your decals from scratch.

right now, i'm trying to finish my undone project, a 1/32 TXT-1 inspired 4WD monster truck, i just finished the tranny, front and rear axles, and propellers shafts, hope to finish the chassis and the suspension within this week, and i'm working on 4x4 1/87 truck too.. but i still don't have a body to match.

Landyman,
hope to see your project soon.

Overlander,
any update on your 1/87 4x4?, i saw your truck (the big one) on RCMT, and hey it's the RCMT's ride of the Month! :cool:

squeegee,
that's great!.. i'm looking forward to see your work soon :)

Dave,
hope to see more of your vids too.

killer
05-12-2003, 08:57 PM
:ö:Arch,
where you able to charge your batteries now?

Overlander
05-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Killer!!

Hey bud! Do you ever rest??!!:p

Lets see some pics of the 1/32 TXT-1!!!!!!!

Pics pics pics!

My 1/87th 4x4 plans have been sort of changing. I might not do the Ford M1081 like I had orriginally planned. I might do something with those big tractor tires I got from Wiking. The ideas are cloudy, but forming. Every time my company releases a new AutoCad, I have a very busy year. I have 50k miles on United already this year!! I am single handedly keeping them from going out of business:rolleyes:

KEEP BUILDING!! and send pics please......

arch2b
05-12-2003, 10:07 PM
killer- i picked up a 12v latern battery i'm going to try charging with. i got the battery for free, so i hope it's not dead...

i tried hooking the charger to a car battery and the a meternever moved or anything?????is that bad?

either of you guys have aim?

Overlander
05-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Hey all you bitch-arg lovers!!

Have you seen these yet?

I just picked up a set of these at The Sharper Image.

They are pretty scale looking (and you know I like that).
:D

killer
05-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Overlander
Killer!!

Hey bud! Do you ever rest??!!:p

Lets see some pics of the 1/32 TXT-1!!!!!!!

Pics pics pics!

My 1/87th 4x4 plans have been sort of changing. I might not do the Ford M1081 like I had orriginally planned. I might do something with those big tractor tires I got from Wiking. The ideas are cloudy, but forming. Every time my company releases a new AutoCad, I have a very busy year. I have 50k miles on United already this year!! I am single handedly keeping them from going out of business:rolleyes:

KEEP BUILDING!! and send pics please......

:ö: i'd love to see the pics of your truck when your finish with it ;),

picture of my 1/32 TXT-1? soon... i'll post it here first and on the other site (mini-zracer.com) but i'm not yet finish with the chassis and the suspension, if you want, i could post a pic a pic of the tranny and the axles, and we were planning to make my homemade allum. u-joint available, but were still testing it's durability... you'll see it on my 1/32 TXT-1 project ;)
good luck on your business :)...

Arch,

must be the battery is dead :( that's why the meter never moved, or the amperage of your lantern battery is mot enough for the charger, i understand, most of the chargers needs at least 5amps!, how was your PCPS project going on?, hope you could finish it soon ;), so you could charge your TTTT batteries :),

additional suggestion, if you want to charge your battery right now, look for a 6V power adoptors (those black box that you plug into your AC outlet, and connect to your portable cd or cassette player) check the mA output, you can use this as a timed charger, use the charge calculator i posted to check how long it will take for your battery to full charge at a certain MaH, but you have to keep an eye on it, cause if you forget, like timed charger it may overheat and melt it's plastic casing.

T_T_52
05-14-2003, 05:43 PM
I'm not too busy just trying to figure were to get worm gears for my 12" long Semi truck and traler since the traler is a bit heavey but the truck hales like a lambo at 5mph with the trailer disconected. Killer Bit Char-G's pcbs are too complex on steering so I'm using motor works lectronics.

Overlander
05-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Did I bragg that I recieved TWO (2) Truck of the Month awards yet?

In case I did not, as killer said, I won Ride of the Month at RCMT.net, AND I won Car of the Month for my TTTT MAN 5ton at a different micro RC site. Both for the month of May!
:D

killer
05-15-2003, 09:33 AM

i just finished the 1/87 4x4 chassis, geared with 1:170 ratio, and a 7mm motor, it is shorter than my 6x6, but i made a bit wider for stability , all i need to do add is the electronics, but i'm still looking for a perfect body for this chassis ;). On my 1/32 TXT-1 inspired 4WD Monster Truck, i just finished the chassis and the front and rear suspension arms, that enables it to articulate like the TXT-1 :cool:, am still trying to figure out how put a coilspring or something that acts as shock absorber, like the TXT-1 cantilever style suspension. I was able to gear it down to 1/150 ratio, it's not fast, but by replacing it with a bigger pinion and smaller spur gear it has a potential, but i dare not to, due to lack of differential, it may damage my front u-joints... hope i could post some pics this coming saturday or
sunday.. ;)

arch2b
05-15-2003, 09:52 AM
KILLER- you always have exciting work to see! make a gallery page for you new work!

no, haven't had time to play with the battery charger and battery pack. i have a ps to do the mod you told me about...just haven't gotten everything needed. going through a hard/busy time right now, graduation is this weekend and wife is inbetween jobs:( . really puts a hurt in my hobby allowance. my tttt projects are in a holding pattern until that is resolved. (should be by mid june, she got a good job offer that opens up then)

killer
05-15-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by arch2b
KILLER- you always have exciting work to see! make a gallery page for you new work!

no, haven't had time to play with the battery charger and battery pack. i have a ps to do the mod you told me about...just haven't gotten everything needed. going through a hard/busy time right now, graduation is this weekend and wife is inbetween jobs:( . really puts a hurt in my hobby allowance. my tttt projects are in a holding pattern until that is resolved. (should be by mid june, she got a good job offer that opens up then)

:ö: thanks Arch, i was thinking of a gallery too, but i don't think mini-zracer.com would allow me to, cause i don't have at least one complete mini-z right now :(, i only got the pcb, and it'a already installed on my first 1/87 truck :p, but i think i should try and ask him, i'm also planning of making my own website so i could post some pics and vids too in the near future.. but i'm still busy and excited to finish this little trucks :D

Just take it easy man, remember, there is light at the end of every tunnel ;).. but i'd love to hear that your truck runs soon!, and congrats to your wife too for that job offer she got. :cool:

fastboy
05-15-2003, 10:50 AM
"am still trying to figure out how put a coilspring or something that acts as shock absorber"

have you thought of using the tiny magnets that are in the bit charge cars?...put one on the chassis and one on the suspension arms and let them repel each other,im making a 1/32 scale unimog and thats what im gonna use.

dave

arch2b
05-15-2003, 11:03 AM
that woudl be cool too, but i was thinking more along the lines of new threads in the tttt gallery section, one for each project. you already have "my project" in there. my idea anyways is to try and build the gallery into a very nice collection of tttt projects. i'd like to see the section here develope into as nice a collection as some of the german sites!
when you get your site up and running, let me know;) it would be nice to see them here as well.

Landy Man
05-15-2003, 12:01 PM
Killer

I know your truck is bigger (1/32) but if it helps I am using very thin piano wire on my truck as a cantilever spring, there are two per axle. They are rigidly fixed to the centre of the chassis and go forwards or backwards from here to the axles. I looked at model railway buffer springs but decided against them because at full articulation they would pop out of the mountings.

killer
05-15-2003, 07:08 PM
fastboy,

Magnet as a shock absorber? that's a great idea! :cool: i just rememeber that when i opened one of my broken hard disk i saw this small barrell like NEO magnet it is strong!, and here's the design of what i planning to do with it.

killer
05-15-2003, 07:20 PM
:ö: thanks for the input Landy Man, fastboy's magnet shock absorber sounds great, but here's what i am going to do with a thick gauge piano wire ;)

killer
05-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by arch2b
that woudl be cool too, but i was thinking more along the lines of new threads in the tttt gallery section, one for each project. you already have "my project" in there. my idea anyways is to try and build the gallery into a very nice collection of tttt projects. i'd like to see the section here develope into as nice a collection as some of the german sites!
when you get your site up and running, let me know;) it would be nice to see them here as well.

:ö: sure thing! i will. ;) -æ

killer
05-20-2003, 07:16 AM
:ö: guys check this truck out!

killer
05-20-2003, 07:17 AM
another one!

killer
05-20-2003, 07:18 AM
Arch,

look at this Unimog!

killer
05-20-2003, 07:20 AM
last pic.. and check out some of the cool models they got! http://www.mafma.com/gaffe_pricelist.htm

killer
05-20-2003, 07:25 AM
translated into English version:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.mafma.com/gaffe_pricelist.htm&prev=/search%3Fq%3DMitsubishi%2BPajero%2BParis%2BDakar%2 6hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8

arch2b
05-20-2003, 08:02 AM
man, those are what i've been looking for! too bad they are 1:43, about twice the size of the tttt or 1:87 scale. there would be no problems fitting electronics in them though...

killer
05-20-2003, 08:50 AM
:ö: there must be a 1/87 scale just like that somewhere!!!... looks perfect on the 1/87 4x4 chassis i just made.. :D

lexar
05-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Hi Arch,

Check your local rail road model store. I have seen 1/87 American trucks like ford and peterbilt.

Lexar

arch2b
05-20-2003, 12:06 PM
yeah, they always have the us big rigs...never have the eurpean service trucks like tatra, man, unimog, etc. the dakar rally service trucks are very cool.