PDA

View Full Version : One way diff for the front?

modelmotobikes
05-09-2003, 01:53 AM
Hi Guys,

Just thinking aloud:
Have any of you ever thought about a oneway front for your mini X? I am thinking of using Tamiya mini 4wd's oneway wheel in place of the mini X's front. That way, hopefully, act as a oneway dif and could be useful for a twin motor set up.

What do you think?

It seems there is a similar sized wheel, only problem is how to secure them to the axel. Hmmm.......

binaryterror
05-09-2003, 06:01 AM
When i bought my X a while back on the japanese sites i noticed they planned to bring out a one way diff...havent seen anything on it since though.

niceguyteddy
05-09-2003, 07:06 AM
I have been thinking about a twin motor Mod, would you need a one way up front or simply two well balanced/matched motors?

If you could get two motors close enough, what other problems would there be?

Would parallel or series be appropriate?

Has ne1 tried this already, what results did you get?

Using two high performance motors instead of hand modifying one of the standards would be useful.

Don't know how much current that would pull though (double?) how close are the standard ESCs to the limit with a standard motor and what is the limit on a standard esc anyway?

Sorry for loads of Qs!

binaryterror
05-09-2003, 09:11 AM
You could stack fets on the stock 2.0 version of the ESC and handle 16amps compared to the stock 8amps (so a second motor would work).

You would want to perfectly matched motor or things could get really bad...

Finding room for the second motor would be the most hard situation.

Itan
05-09-2003, 04:46 PM
your two moter mod has been done before. 3series takumi was talking to somebody that has done it and sent me pics of it looks like

Itan
05-09-2003, 04:47 PM
dont blame me on the size cause there not my pics

Hooters Driver
05-11-2003, 12:14 AM
I did the two motor mod and I can say that the performance is great! Amazing acceleration and the motor(s) no longer heat up. So far I am running stock motors with ball bearing cans. They are run in parallel so they draw the same power as running one 35 turn motor. I am also running an extra pair of FETS but I don't have a way to check the peak current draw so I'm a bit leary about using modified motors.

Itan
05-11-2003, 01:29 AM
how did you do your mod cause the one that i have seen the guy used 2 chassis and cut them in half and used the sides with the moter mounts then fussed them. but how did you do it cause i dont want to cut 2 chassis

pics would be great

Hooters Driver
05-11-2003, 12:39 PM
I am the guy that used two different chassis fused together. The pictures above are of my car. I used two chassis because I wanted to extend the wheel base which was easier to accomplish with two chassis.

It could have just as easily been done with the stock chassis. There is enough room to fit two motors so all you would have to do is fabricate a front motor mount and then relocate all the electronics.