PDA

View Full Version : Mini-SK 2

siukeung
05-02-2003, 01:53 AM
I'm glad to introduce everybody my new modfied Mini-sk. It still in prototype version. In the final version, I will rebuild everything new.

Modified
1, Mid one-ray differentail gear
2, Mid axis parallel Motor position
3, Back oid suppension relocated
4, Weight Balanced

binaryterror
05-02-2003, 02:00 PM
do you have some more detailed pictures?

It looks awesome!

siukeung
05-03-2003, 04:35 AM
Dear Binaryterror,

Thanks for asking. Here it is...

http://www.siukeung.com/link01/link01-07-04.htm

Mini-SK and Mini-SK2 modification step by step

Thanks,
siukeung

nerobro
08-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Now that's some nifty engineering work. Great job man. I couldn't do better myself ;-) (that's about the highest compliment I can give someone !)

siukeung
08-07-2003, 09:27 AM
Dear Nerobro,

:p I...I...don't...know..what to say:D Let me post more photos for you...hehe

http://www.siukeung.com/link01/link01-07-04-07a.htm

gertman
08-09-2003, 04:35 PM
WOW awsome!!!!

Are the shock towers now low enough to fit a body on a ABC lexan body? Does it handle a lot better / different?

siukeung
08-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Dear Gertman,

THX! :D

Only the real shock tower is low enough, the front one still need to cut a big big hole in the case front....poor me....:(

Yeah....it's totally different....

I changed the mid diff gear back to fix gear, it becomes slower a little bit but much better when sudden stop/accelerate.

The last thing I need to be done on this project is found a case and install the LED lights system, then it will goes into a glass box. :rolleyes: ...no one play with me anyway...:o

gertman
08-10-2003, 12:01 AM
So when are you going to start selling kits? How much will you charge :)

I'll be the first in line!

nerobro
08-10-2003, 12:13 AM
heck forget kits. I've recently gotten into the kit buisness in another hobby of mine... kits are.... erm.... a pain in the butt is putting it gently.

If you could disassemble your car, and copy the parts you made... i'd gladly pay for a set of plans :-) (being a peice of paper, or a PDF file...... I'd be very happy to pay you for your time)

nerobro
08-11-2003, 12:26 AM
What brand shock absorabers did you use? And who's your fastener supplier?

siukeung
08-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Hey guys,

I'm so impressed you people interested in my design. I did pay a lot effort and I don't think my MINI0SK2 worth something...except some manufactor really interested in it and going to pass to mass production. (which I don't believe so).

Also, even I disclose the design plan for public, I don't think there are so much people have such time to cut them out and find the oil shock absorbers, motors, graphit boards, gears, body which are quite difficult to find in your country.

I'm always wellcome anybody email me to ask any techincal thing about Mini-SK. I will try my best to answer.

Thanks,
siukeung
siukeung@siukeung.com

nerobro
08-11-2003, 09:36 PM
Actually, I found a good supplier of screws and carbon fiber.... :-) McMasterCarr has carbon and fiberglass sheet. I think a top deck would ideally be 1/32 or 1/64th fiberglass and the bottom deck 1/16 or 1/32 carbon... problem is.. no carbon in 1/32. doubble deck = super stiff. Hmm... Well i think this may be worthy of it's own thread. I'll start posting materials and stuff. If anyone would like to get into a group buy of fasteners and material I'd be happy to work with you. A minimum order of this stuff is 4 to ten times the material I'd need.

A sheet of 12x12" 1/16" carbon is $36, 100 0-80 screws is $12... As examples.

gertman
08-11-2003, 09:43 PM
Nope, I bought that stuff and it's not stiff enough because it's not reinforced (cross fibers). It's only one layer of fiberglass as opposed to stuff used in RC which is multi layered.

nerobro
08-11-2003, 09:49 PM
yea they have that too. they have the crossed fiber stuff too. tha'ts why it's only available in 1/16"

worst case I have some other suppliers as well

rucrazy4rc
10-05-2003, 10:51 AM
hey guys check out forum other tiny rcs' under xmod , to close of a comparison ????????

3series takumi
10-05-2003, 04:15 PM
does anyone know how those dtm-x4 wheels were mounted to the mini-x drive shafts?

westbitchopers
01-29-2004, 01:24 PM
DO YOU REALISE WHAT YOU'VE DONE!! that is the closest ive seen a micro car come to an actual touring car. you are a GOD! you've made a fully independent 4wd with oil shocks micro touring car in case you didnt know that is soooo awsome i work at a hobby shop so i know what people like and your car is the shizlbinizl:) superb keep on tinkering by the way how fast is it with that rediculously large pinion gear lol

siukeung
02-02-2004, 06:53 AM
Dear westbitchopers,

Your applause is really over boast me....^^" I'm sure there will be always a mountain higher than other in the world (correct me if I get you wrong). As I know, a japnese (or company) already modfied a Mini-Z to real 4WD and thoughts option parts can be sold in Japan.

You know what? I felt so depressive with it due to my limited modification techique, parts and tools in the market (I can't make a 1:28 differental gear!!). I can tell under the market available parts, mine one should be the smallest, best 4WD and independent suspension RC but NEVER can compair with them now.

My Mini-SK2 was just leave in the cabinet and started dusting. I'm giving up now.....No more better I can do until next potential car launch.

Mini-SK2 is crazy fast, so what? No one like to play with me (and high cost to play when damage or accident)....you know...I'm just like a freak.

-_-~

MicroRCEngineering
02-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Hands down. I'm very impressed with your work. keep it up. I focus mainly on speed. Your work on handling is inspiring, but I probably won't even come close. Good job!!! :eek: :)