PDA

View Full Version : my new truck

fastboy
04-03-2003, 05:13 PM
ok i made another truck,my third now,took me about 20hrs in total(im getting quicker)
this one is based on a cheap ho scale kit(i think its ho scale),its a 1tonne landrover wagon i believe,its a few mm shorter than the unimog hehe.

arch2b
04-13-2003, 12:45 PM
very nice:D impressive gear work!

payaso
04-13-2003, 02:13 PM
I haven't a clue how to build one of these bad boys, but want one badly.
Would you be willing to sell one to me or build one for me?
Or maybe point me in the right direction of someone who can help me out.. Thanks dude..

silla

fastboy
04-13-2003, 02:19 PM
they are not cheap to make,or should i say the electronics are not cheap,if you can afford i can make you one,maybe someone from the us could make you one also?
dave

Tech_Lord
06-06-2003, 07:54 PM
holy s*** that looks cool!

mxnjk
09-15-2003, 04:26 PM
what electronics are you using?

fastboy
09-16-2003, 04:58 AM
micro servo,homemade speedo(proportional fwds and reverse),gws jst 40mhz 4 channel reciever,145mah li-poly battery and 7mm pager motor

dave

PauloBecker
09-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Any chance you could post a pic of the truck near your thumb or something else so I can have an idea of the size? Thanks...

PauloBecker
09-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Nevermind about the previous post, I've already seen some other pics in your website :p AWESOME work by the way :D

fastboy
10-09-2003, 06:09 AM
thanks paulo :)

to be honest the first time you pick up a roco truck you think to yourself..there is no way in hell will i ever fit all the electronics in it,but the more you mess around the larger the truck becomes,its weird.

a large magnifying glass is one of the best tools to have when working with small parts.

cheers
dave

Comrade_Boris
10-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by fastboy
they are not cheap to make,or should i say the electronics are not cheap,if you can afford i can make you one,maybe someone from the us could make you one also?
dave

i would be willing to build for people too but wait until i finish my own project......you would have to pay beforehand so that i could buy the materials (radio, motor, etc...)and then i would ship it off to you........(i live in ohio by the way)..........but sence im still in school it might take a while to complete...so hang with me and ill eventually get it done............

the size dose not bother me as i have a HO (1:87) scale rr layout..